re-location agents in Melbourne

Guest mjg

We're due to arrive in Melbourne on Jan 2nd ('09) and while we have temporary accomodation for the month of Jan in Glen Waverley, I am starting to stress (because I always have to stress about something) about the whole rental situation that is apparently so diabolical in Melbourne. I will be working in Clayton and it would be nice to live close by (within a 30 minute commute) but you dont seem to get much for your money in Mount/Glen Waverley, being the nearest suburb (other than Clayton which we have been put off by other people). I've started looking towards Rowville where you seem to get more for your money, is there a reason for this? Can anyone advise on the suburbs?

Finally, would it be worth getting a relocation agent to do the leg work for us, I will start work on Jan 19th and with 2 small children, it will be difficult for OH to look at places and decide upon. Can anyone advise reputable relocation agents that dont cost the earth to make our lives a little easier??????

Thank you.

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi

(Thanks Cal)

Welcome to PIO and good luck with the move. Rowville is a lovely suburb and so is Lysterfield, they are both at the foot of the Dandenong Ranges and easy access to the transport links. Rowville has it's own shopping centre, not really large but it has a couple of department stores and food stores as well as takeaways and restaurants. You also have Knox Shopping Centre which is 5km away Knox Shopping Centre . There are some gorgeous rental properties available off Napoleon Road, it really does depend on your budget and how many bedrooms you require.

We can organise packages to help your move go smoother Moving to Melbourne Emigration Services . We do everything from airport pick ups to helping find a long term rental, suburb tours to providing short term furnished accommodation.

If I can help at all just shout or you can have a look at our website www.moving-to-melbourne.co.uk.:wubclub:

Kate

Guest The Pom Queen
hi kate were hopefully coming to melbourne next summer so have taken your user id and website hope thats ok

Cheers lee

Lee, that's fine, have you any idea where abouts in Melbourne your heading?:jiggy:

hi kate weve looked at altona,altona meadows,williamstown,berwick,etc.etc we havnt set anything in concrete alot depends on where my job might be(that isnt sorted yet but is in progress!) weve twin girls (11) so if you can offer any areas that you think might suit or websites we could use to help us that would be great.

many thanks

Lee

Guest The Pom Queen
hi kate weve looked at altona,altona meadows,williamstown,berwick,etc.etc we havnt set anything in concrete alot depends on where my job might be(that isnt sorted yet but is in progress!) weve twin girls (11) so if you can offer any areas that you think might suit or websites we could use to help us that would be great.

many thanks

Lee

Hi Lee

Twin girls, we had one of the PIO members stay in one of our rentals she also has twin girls:jiggy:

Williamstown is lovely and very popular with the Brits and so is Berwick, Lynbrook and Lyndhurst are also suburbs that are very popular but property prices are rising quite high now.

There are a few suburb guides here that you can find out more information from: Moving to Melbourne: Where to Live Suburb Guide for Melbourne

Kate:wubclub:

If you are to be working in Clayton I would look at Parkdale, Mentone, Mordialloc very nice suburbs, on the beach side is best. Lovely areas very established. Beaumaris, Black Rock, Sandringham, Highett and Moorabbin also would be ok for Clayton.

Dingley Village is also a very good commute to Clayton as is Hughesdale, Oakleigh.

Other areas are a longer way out and the commute is not good very heavy traffic unless you get the train.

Glen Waverley, Mount Waverley, Mulgrave are very nice suburbs too so do not rule them out lots of good shopping centres and good train line to the city from Glen Waverley.

Have a look at realestate.com and it will give you an idea of rentals around. Also Google earth gives you an idea of distances from your work.

Archived