Sell your suburb-Perth!

Guest guest17301

Guest guest17301

Following on from Joannes great thread thought it would be good to do one on Perth. So all you lucky people already there give us a bit of info on your part of the world please. It will help those still deciding and give them some idea of what to expect. Would be useful to include proximity to the beach and the city as well as general info.

Thanks guys xx:notworthy:

First stop

Connolly house next to 3rd tee Joondalup Resort Golf Course Dune course 3rd tee nice area odd Roo on golf course at night Bad points Crap golfers on a good course who have paid loads to play Really funny wotchin them sat out but dangerous 5 times hit patio doors (do they call them here ) Mug of tea demolished at 8 am favourite mug as well good proximity to Jppndalup lakeside brill if you area golfer.

Second

Clarkson Ocean Keys

Positives Apartment smack bang across from station and I mean smack bang Ocean Keys shoppin for oh and whale and ale boozer for me walkin distance bit too far after a few . Close to beaches

Negative

Bang across from station prat who cleaned at 4 am music so loud offered him $5 to get into the discotraffic i the wait for the train pickups down ocean keys boulevard

Third

Somerly

New house nice nice area two parks close by for mutt

Nearer to shoppin and boozer same as Clarko

$th

Kallaroo

Suberb divided by Dampier Drive we`re in the poor bit lol other side big 2 storey mansions old established houses, our bit I believe is called Springfield ie Springfield shoops and primary school( no I am f****n not Homer Simpson) Nice italian restaurant in shops BYO but bottle shop next door nice park where hids play cricket with asquare an nets ( bit graf but not vandalised . closer to the beach and the dog beach at Hillarys for the Mutt. Walking distance from Westfield Whitfords ( causes a major drain on the wallet) Closer to work but freeway extensions may make it better

Future

Butler( near the Kimberley)

Visa allowing the greens stage block 1680 ,60 k to work will need to live there cos will be totally skint next step Barrack Street sharing a bottle with the lads There is a future busness district shops etc planned close by hopw they build the bloody pub first but there again wont be able to afford to go there

mally from Kally

I live in Leeming, an older/established suburb. Low crime rate, great amenities. 14 km - 10 mins from Murdoch Station to City, (15 mins drive non rush hour). and 20 mins drive to Fremantle and beaches. Part of Melville City, The new Fiona Stanley hospital will be opening in Murdoch which is the next suburb. Good shopping - Garden City at Booragoon is excellent and sells Lush Average house prices about: $550,00 Good community feel, schools have good reputations. It won't be everyones cup of tea ... but we like it

Ali x

I am in Connolly. Fantastic suburb often forgetten that surround Joondalup Country Club and Resort. Lots of expensive property that overlook the golf course or have ocean views and some not so expensive.

Close to the freeway and non rush hour 20 mins into the City. The train is also at Joondalup 25 mins into City. 5 mins to Lakeside at Joondalup which is undergoing a massive transformation with a whole new raft of shops including a Big W opening before Christmas. Joondalup has everything anyone might need with clubs, swimming, pubs and shops. Fantastic primary school. 5 minutes drive to the beach.

Downside, not so great high schools in Belridge (crap) and Ocean Reef (not quite so crap)

Bibra Lake - the St. Pauls Estate part of it, next to Coolbellup. I would prefer the eastern part of the lake, but truth be told, the Coolbellup school - despite the poor record on line - is actually very good 10-15 minutes to beach, but not much further to Cottesloe. 20 minutes to CBD, rush hour about 30 minutes. Excellent schools near by. House prices about the same as for Ali - 500 - 550k, but prices stagnant now, may come down a bit. Very little available for rent. Friendly place, good playgrounds and parks. Shopping centres at Lakes, Kardinya and and Winthrop ..... Bunnings too close for fiscal comfort ..... and smaller shopping centres in Coolbellup and Bibra Lake.

I am in Connolly. Fantastic suburb often forgetten that surround Joondalup Country Club and Resort. Lots of expensive property that overlook the golf course or have ocean views and some not so expensive.

Close to the freeway and non rush hour 20 mins into the City. The train is also at Joondalup 25 mins into City. 5 mins to Lakeside at Joondalup which is undergoing a massive transformation with a whole new raft of shops including a Big W opening before Christmas. Joondalup has everything anyone might need with clubs, swimming, pubs and shops. Fantastic primary school. 5 minutes drive to the beach.

Downside, not so great high schools in Belridge (crap) and Ocean Reef (not quite so crap)

Hope you dont live too near the fairways or tees need atin hat outside with the expert golfers we were on Long island pass for a couple of months. I bet the traffic is substantially less noe the freeway has opened, Connolly was the rat run between Shento and Hodges drive

mally

Mally

Hope you dont live too near the fairways or tees need atin hat outside with the expert golfers we were on Long island pass for a couple of months. I bet the traffic is substantially less noe the freeway has opened, Connolly was the rat run between Shento and Hodges drive

mally

Mally

No we don't live on the golf course thankfully. Yes the traffic is less.

Guest SunnyWA

Ocean Reef.............beautiful beach side suburb, excellent primary schools x 2 (state)

excellent state high school and 1 x private primary and high school.

Perfect sea sports club, value for money drinsk and meals.

Good shops close by.

25kms to the city

Joondalup train station and shopping cnetre close by.

Ocean Reef.the name says it all.....on the ocean...for the fishermen 6 mile reef is on your door step.

Ocean Reef.............beautiful beach side suburb, excellent primary schools x 2 (state)

Good shops close by.

25kms to the city

Ocean Reef.the name says it all.....on the ocean...for the fishermen 6 mile reef is on your door step.

Loaded then lol

Mally

Carramar : We've been on this estate now for roughly 11 years. When we first moved here it was classed as being very much the outback ........... more or less in the middle of nowhere .......and was originally known as Neerabup. Public transport was virtually non-existant and there was bugger-all for our three lads to do; there were no local schools on the estate ............. and not really too much by way of infrastructure.............. we did have a golf course though and a corner shop........ but that was about it.

Not the same now though. Name was changed to Carramar, St Stephens School was built and that brought in a huge influx of new home owners to the estate. The estate has blown out and expanded. Several quality schools on the estate now, good public transport system, a new shopping centre about to open within the next few months............... a Tavern to follow soon after. 10 minutes drive to nearby Wanneroo and Joondalup, 10 minutes drive from the beach too. Industrial area is expanding just up from where we live so that should mean loads of work nearby for residents in the future. All in all, not a bad suburb at all; we are very happy here.

Hi Bobcat - where have you been hiding.... we've missed you

Hello Ali

Been very busy with work and also the building renovations at home (almost finished); we seem to have lost a few of the old-timers on here?

Good news being there seem to be a lot more newbies. Best of luck to them in their quest to get over here.

BTW North End are live on Foxtel tomorrow morning against Bristol City.

We are in Karrinyup just on the Border of Doubleview and Inaloo. The Location is amazing, just next to Scarborough and 5 mins drive from the Beach. We are 5 mins drive from Inaloo and Osbourne Park. Not so good for the bank balance! We are close to a few bars in Inaloo and 15 mins from the City, some of the City views around this area are amazing! It's been great for us getting to know Perth and any friends we have made have been living close enough to Inaloo to make it easy to meet up.

We are looking to buy next year and probably can't afford anything in this area so am leaning towards looking at coastal (ish) suburbs between Scarborough and Joondalup. We have realised that we can afford the kind of home we love in these areas. Our friends live in Ellenbrook and we loved it too when we visited and first arrived, We loved the Swan Vally and have a serious interest in wine and food so being there was ideal. We thought we'd live there too, probably because it was the only place familliar to us at the time. But in the rental rush we ended up in Karrinyup, which I wasn't sure about at first as I just didn't know the area. But now I love it!!

Having lived near the beach though made us realise that we ideally want to stay near the beach and it's so much cooler (and I mean temperature!) being closer to the beach.

We also like Landsdale and Darch, these are between Ellenbrook and the beach and are very new suburbs. We wouldn't rule these out if the right house came along.

My advice is to explore like crazy and don't rule ANYTHING out, breaking away from our friends who lived here already was the best thing we ever did, now they come and see us too!!

Emma x

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hevinoz

Hi

whats the name of the good high school you say is in ocean reef.Can you name any really bad high schools in northern suburbs that i should def stay away from??

arriving 7th january x

Good shops close by.

25kms to the city

Guest pommorama

Had a bad reputation with the locals for many years but we love it here.

Quiet, friendly with a waterfront that's Perth's best kept secret.

Down side - it's still developing. There are no decent state high schools. But this should change as the are changes.

Up side - it's still cheap and won't be for much longer if the secret gets out. Only a 30 minute train ride to town. People here are friendly, less clique and it has a country feel.

It's like a city is being built for you. They've upgraded the local shopping centre. It now feels more classy and has multicultural food. They've finally realised we new generation poms are used to multicultural foods!

Archived