Spouse visa

ajwilko

Guest SGKG102
Im currently thinking about moving to oz with my partner who is a citizen. Was wondering if anyone has gone or are plannign to go on a spouse visa, and what documents doesur partner need to provide??

many thanx

aj

Hi there aj,

I have a Spouse Visa and am awaiting the sale of my house before we can emigrate. :frown:

There is quite a lot that you need documentation wise. You need to have proof of your relationship ie bank statements, utility bills, photographs, the more you send the better. Then you need statutory declarations from people who have know you for longer than 2 years who can confirm your relationship is genuine. You also have to get your documents certified as you only need to send copies for the most part but must send the original marriage certificate. You also need to prove that your partner can sponsor you. The forms are exhaustive but it is all woth it because once you have completed everything the process is really quick, provided you do it all ok. My visa was granted within 16 days of submitting the application and it would have been quicker but I omitted to add the Form 80.

If you go on to the Australian High Commission website and follow the links you will find a booklet that you can print off and there is a check list within the booklet so that you do not forget to send any documentation. However the booklet did not mention the Form 80 that is why I didn't send one. You must send one with the application.

Hope this helps.

Please do not hesitate to contact me again if you require any more assistance.

Good Luck

Karen :wub:

Does everyone have to supply a form 80 for a spouse visa?

I am sure that my OH said that he had seen that it wasn't a requirement for him, and when I looked at the form, all that information is supplied elsewhere in all the stuff he has submitted.

You have me worried now!

They have taken the money but we are still waiting to hear from them.

Edit:

I have been off and checked. The instructions say: "Only complete a Form 80 if instructed by the department". S we are probably ok.

Also, a certified copy of the marriage certificate is fine! (And banks will copy and certify documents free of charge!).

Guest SGKG102
Does everyone have to supply a form 80 for a spouse visa?

I am sure that my OH said that he had seen that it wasn't a requirement for him, and when I looked at the form, all that information is supplied elsewhere in all the stuff he has submitted.

You have me worried now!

They have taken the money but we are still waiting to hear from them.

Hi BuddysMum,

So Sorry did not mean to worry you.

I can understand why your OH feels that this is not a requirement because it is not mentioned anywhere in the booklet. When we lodged the application we did not send the Form 80. The money was taken the day we lodged and I received an e-mail a couple of days later asking for the Form 80. I have to admit I had read about it on pio but didn't think it applied because as you quite reightly say the information is provided in the other forms. Unfortunately you do have to complete and send it. You can do it on line or complete it and post it separately.

Kind regards

Hi BuddysMum,

So Sorry did not mean to worry you.

I can understand why your OH feels that this is not a requirement because it is not mentioned anywhere in the booklet. When we lodged the application we did not send the Form 80. The money was taken the day we lodged and I received an e-mail a couple of days later asking for the Form 80. I have to admit I had read about it on pio but didn't think it applied because as you quite reightly say the information is provided in the other forms. Unfortunately you do have to complete and send it. You can do it on line or complete it and post it separately.

Kind regards

Hi Karen

Thanks for that. Not worried anymore....see my edit on previous post!

Hope you can sell up soon.

Guest SGKG102
And then...with further info on board......

Steve will prepare his form 80 now and have it all ready!

Ah well, no hurry!

Best to be safe than sorry. You will probably hear from a C/O within the next couple of days. I am soooooooo excited for you. It is making my tummy bubble thinking about how I felt. Such a fantastic feeling like christmas and birthday all wrapped in to one. :yes:

good_luck_comment_graphic_06.gif

Karen x

Archived