We're finally in Canberra!!!!

Guest sarahnshaun

Hi All,

Just joined this site today and finding it really useful!

I've been sat here for the last hour going through all the posts about Canberra as my parents are looking to move there! We have our medicals tomorrow so if all goes well we hope to be there in a year!

Shaun & Sarah > Your posts have been really interesting to read... it's good to get a opinion from someone who has just moved there! We have read quite a mixed bag of comments on canberra... the negative ones seem to be from people who have only visited Canberra or australians themselves! Keep the posts coming... it's good to know what you are getting up to and how you are finding it!

Sasbear > I see you are on this forum too... i joined BE today also and replied to a post you were in... :spinny:

I'm still pretty nervous about moving to Canberra, but it's a great stepping stone. As I travelled around australia in 2006 and ever since i came back i've dreamed of living in Brisbane or Noosa! but i could be very surprised and could end up really liking it in Canberra!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Sasbear
Hi All,

Just joined this site today and finding it really useful!

I've been sat here for the last hour going through all the posts about Canberra as my parents are looking to move there! We have our medicals tomorrow so if all goes well we hope to be there in a year!

Shaun & Sarah > Your posts have been really interesting to read... it's good to get a opinion from someone who has just moved there! We have read quite a mixed bag of comments on canberra... the negative ones seem to be from people who have only visited Canberra or australians themselves! Keep the posts coming... it's good to know what you are getting up to and how you are finding it!

Sasbear > I see you are on this forum too... i joined BE today also and replied to a post you were in... :spinny:

I'm still pretty nervous about moving to Canberra, but it's a great stepping stone. As I travelled around australia in 2006 and ever since i came back i've dreamed of living in Brisbane or Noosa! but i could be very surprised and could end up really liking it in Canberra!

Hi,

Yes I read your post this morning on BE - look forward to maybe meeting you one day soon!

Canberra has a lot to offer but it depends on your outlook. My daughter who is almost 19 is very settled here - but my son who turned 21 last year went back to the UK after being a ping pong Pom! Horses for courses.

I love it here - it is clean and safe (as safe as any big xity can be) loads of stuff to do each weekend and always soemthing going on. Concerts are a bit of a problem - some come to Canberra but most don't so you have to go to Sydney for the big stars (I am off next month to see Coldplay!)

Sarah

Shame about the concerts... here in the UK I try to see as many bands as I can.. it's one of my favourite things to do...! But if I'm definatly not going to complain if I have to travel to Sydney to see them!

I remember from when i was travelling that the music in australia isnt very good! :no: but oh well... I can get my friends to send me new music!

From what I read Canberra is very much like the UK in terms of weather (although often it is hotter) but it has the seasons!

Would you mind asking your daughter a question for me? .... What is the nightlife like in Canberra!? I know it seems like a trival question but as Canberra isn't really a tourist city I just imagine it not being as busy as other cities in australia that i have visited!

Thanks!! :spinny:

• 5 months later...

Archived