We have been chucked out again and not a balloon in sight!!!!

Essex peeps:Would you be happy to return to the Halfway House?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Essex peeps:Would you be happy to return to the Halfway House?

• Yes
    • No

Many thanks for all those who came to the Essex meet today. We were both

very pleased with the turnout. HOWEVER we have been chucked out again:biglaugh:!

I cleared every thing with the manager last week and he made us a space in the pub. But when I left I asked him was everything ok to which he replied "NO". I can see where he is coming from. He has a business to run and he said we took up quite a few tables for 3 hours and we all did not buy food (we were one of these) so he lost a bit of money due to lost sales.

So we are loking for another venue! We are after a pub that is child friendly and has a function room that is free to hire or has a large space that will enable us to not interfere with the regular guests. Preferably this ideal venue should be around the Chelmsford area.

Any ideas?

JOHN AND LISA

Guest michelledenham

Oh no, very sorry to hear that we were a pain.

But I have to say, I had a great time. I arrived on my own and was greated by a very warm crowd. I had lots of good friendly chats and was really looking forward to the next one.

I'll have a good think about a venue, but surley we could have been put in a different area of the pub which didn't have 'food' tables.

Anyway, BIG THANKS

XX

Hello mate!

The Fox & Raven is my local in Chelmsford and it's HUGE! You have loads of tables to take up. Failing that the 3 barrels in Chelmsford town centre has a room up for hire that's separate to the pub (about 50' on the other side of the car park to the bar).

T

I'll dig out some numbers and addresses tomorrow and PM you.

As for going......I'm sitting on the fence! I thought I would come back from my reccie convinced that it's the best thing for me to do, however I came back in appreciating what I had.

I'd love to have been at today's meet but I had a prior arrangement. I'm determined to make the next one though.

Guest Tracey from Braintree

My local has a function room we could have for free but it's a bit 'in the sticks' and not a lot for kids (park next door but not within the grounds).

It does do food though and you wouldn't be 'in the way' as the function room is generally not used. It's in a village just off the A120 by Braintree!

Tracey.

Guest annemarie and brian

Hi,

I am sorry we were one of them that did not buy any food but i

did have a great time meeting all the ones we did as we did leave

early maybe the next one shall be better.

annemarie and brian

p.s it was nice to meet you all and debbie1 hope you have a great

and safe journey.

We're hoping and expecting to be flying out ONE WAY on 19th January so if poss please please John can you arrange the meet-up for the earlier part of Jan.

We'd so much love to come to one more before we go.

All have a wonderful Christmas & very best wishes to all:yesxmas:

Gina & Steve x

hi, that sounds brillant let us know where and defiently (if when) i really want to

make it,especially if its your last one gina and steve to say good bye and good luck.

thanks john

bye for now.

annemarie and brian

this all sound very criptic. can i ask what exactly you are all meeting about. sorry to appear nosy but heyho, nothing ventred nothing gained.

hi,

We all just meet up (anyone welcome) and talk about oz get advice off of people

and generally have a good time,and meet new people in the same boat as you.

i hope that helps

annemarie

this all sound very criptic. can i ask what exactly you are all meeting about. sorry to appear nosy but heyho, nothing ventred nothing gained.

Hi Lynne,

Sorry for the cryptic title, it's the result of a balloon incident a few months ago :skeptical:but please don't anyone be scared off. We are a friendly bunch and always welcome new faces. This thread was created after our last Essex meet-up and I'm sure a new thread will be created once all the details for a new meet-up have been decided.

It's a meet-up arranged at a pub in Essex (still finding one I think!!) for anyone planning to move to Oz who wants to come along for a good chat:jiggy:, make friends, share info and pick up tips. It usually lasts a few hours. Everyone's welcome, obviously depends how far someone is prepared to travel.There's always families saying goodbye and leaving us for their sunnier lives in Oz.

We really enjoy these meet-ups, as do many others.

Hi Annemarie & Brian,

Just spotted your message, thanks, we really hope you can make it to the next meet-up. Have a great Christmas and very much hope to see you again in January.

Very best wishes

Gina & Steve

:smile: Hi, how is everyone,

Have you found a new venue yet! or is it under a different title on here.

speak soon

annemarie

Right, Just to throw another thing into the pot.............

Next meet is on January 11th.

I have just had a chat with the manager of the Halfway house. She said that she did not bar us and would be happy for us to return AS LONG AS the balloon incident does not happen again.

The Halfway house is quite central and ideal for our needs. What does everyone think? Would you be happy to go back or shall T bone and I keep on searching?

JOHN

Archived