Anyone want to meet up for coffee & chin wag

Guest *KAY TEE*

Guest *KAY TEE*

Hi all,

We are landing in melbourne on Dec 11th and dont know a soul. Anyone interested in a meet up. My hubby has just found out he'll be working in Nunawading, so we will be living around that area, not too sure where yet, any suggestions welcome. Iv heard Berwick is nice and Narre Warren but not too sure of the distances, geography never was my strong point. So anyone living around there and surrounding areas if your interested feel free to pm me or leave a post. It would be really nice to see some friendly faces. Theres myself Angela O/H Sie and our kids Kristina 15, Nathan 13 Alex 8 and Harry 2yrs.

Ps if you know of any good toy stores around drop me a line, cos Im going to have to do some serious xmas shopping when we arrive. Ang xx :yes:

23_11_56.gif Oh hun,

now you know how much i would love to meet up with you around that time, But you know how it is!! my hands are tied sorry! Now if i could just blackmail the visa guy i would be there like a shot. Even try and book the same flight as you. So any suggestions would be great, i will even shout you the first coffee! How does that sound?

Luv Dawn xx

sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZNxdm824YYGB

The silly season has already begun here. There are nice suburbs around Nunawading and you have the direct factory outlets there. ToysRUs is the place for toys.

Have a look at realestate.com.au and domain.com.au for areas around Nunawading.

Guest missy44*123

hey

i am going on a reccie on the 29 dec for three weeks and apart from my brother i dont know anyone i should be hopefully movin april 2009 when the dogs are ready to be shipped and would like to get to know peeps as i need all the help i can get i will be goin on a workin visa so will have all the visa nightmare when i have moved half way across the world with 2 little yorkies lol pm me with details when you know where your livin and if you want to meet up can do xxx

Guest *KAY TEE*
23_11_56.gif Oh hun,

now you know how much i would love to meet up with you around that time, But you know how it is!! my hands are tied sorry! Now if i could just blackmail the visa guy i would be there like a shot. Even try and book the same flight as you. So any suggestions would be great, i will even shout you the first coffee! How does that sound?

Luv Dawn xx

sig.jsp?pc=%5Bobject%20Object%5D&pp=ZNxdm824YYGB

Hiya Dawny,

Oh I wish you could aswell hunny, I have a very large suitcase, you can always hop on in, a bit cramped but cheap..lol.. See John, be very very nice, then tell him your coming to Melbourne. Any word on the visa yet. Ang xx

Guest *KAY TEE*
The silly season has already begun here. There are nice suburbs around Nunawading and you have the direct factory outlets there. ToysRUs is the place for toys.

Have a look at realestate.com.au and domain.com.au for areas around Nunawading.

You are a little diamond forgetmenot, I can always rely on your posts, how chuffed am I to know there is a toysRus, do you know excactly where it is Ang xx

Guest *KAY TEE*
hey

i am going on a reccie on the 29 dec for three weeks and apart from my brother i dont know anyone i should be hopefully movin april 2009 when the dogs are ready to be shipped and would like to get to know peeps as i need all the help i can get i will be goin on a workin visa so will have all the visa nightmare when i have moved half way across the world with 2 little yorkies lol pm me with details when you know where your livin and if you want to meet up can do xxx

Hi Missy,

How cute are your pooches, that makes me sad :cry: I have a little yorkie too, he's called Oscar, but unfortunately, we could 'nt afford to bring him with us so he is staying here with my aunt. At least I know he is going to a top class home where he will be spoiled rotten. As soon as we find out exactly where we will be living I will pm you and we could meet up for coffee. I will know by the time you arrive for your reccie. Ang xx

Guest Three P's

Good Luck with your move!

The nearest ToysRus store is actually at Knox shopping centre at Near Wantirna and I think it's about at 20min drive from Nunawading. The other shopping centre nearby is Eastland shopping centre at Ringwood.

As for place to live my suggestions would be look at Croydon/Lilydale/Kilsyth/Montrose. Croydon and Lilydale are also on the train line to the City which goes via Nunawading. Kilsyth/Montrose are about a 5/10min drive from the nearest station. I live in Montrose which is at the foothills of the Dandenongs and I love it here, it's a great place to live and a lovely place to bring up children. Lilydale which is just up the road has a choice of 3 high schools or there is Mooroolbark Secondary School not far away that has a good reputation.

Jen

There are plenty of areas to go out around Nunawading I've just mentioned the ones I know more about.

Guest *KAY TEE*

Thanks for the replies guys, it is really appreciated. We got an email this morning to say the company are looking at properties around Berwick, Iv heard it is really nice around there but Im not too sure how far my o/h would have to travel into nunnawading, hope it is not too far cos he will kill me..lol.. for suggesting it. So anyone near there wanting to meet up that would be nice, drop me a line. Ang xx ps cant wait to do some crimbo shopping.

Guest *KAY TEE*
I to work in Nunawading & live in Ferntree Gully. Takes me around 20 mins drive to get to work.

Loads of nice suburbs around the Dandenongs or even Berwick itself will only be a half hour drive I reckon.

Hiya Bordy I have just noticed you said it will only be 1/2 hr drive from Berwick to nunawading, so thats not too bad..he he so much for his idealist world of riding his bike to work I think.. the speed he goes it would be about 6 hrs ride away. Thanks for the info, whats it like to work in Nuna is it an ok area. Ang xx

Hiya, we are in Berwick and have settled really well, there is loads of us Brits in Berwick so there will always be someone to meet up with.

There is a ToysRus and ELC at Chadstone shopping centre.

My hubby works not far from Nunawading and it takes about 40 mins when traffic is bad.

My kids have settled very well into school they love it here!:spinny:

Guest *KAY TEE*
Hiya, we are in Berwick and have settled really well, there is loads of us Brits in Berwick so there will always be someone to meet up with.

There is a ToysRus and ELC at Chadstone shopping centre.

My hubby works not far from Nunawading and it takes about 40 mins when traffic is bad.

My kids have settled very well into school they love it here!:spinny:

Hiya Bertie. Im pleased to hear that you have settled really well, have you been there very long, reality is starting to hit home, and Im worrying that the days may become really long when hubby and the kids are all out all day. What school do your kids go to, I have a 15, 13 and 8yr old that I will have to find schools for. Are there any good state schools around berwick. Cheers Ang x

Archived