Sydney weather

BuddysMum

I am not sure if I am allowed to cross-post from another forum.

Mods, please edit this if I am doing wrong.

Anyway, I have come across some very negative comments about Sydney weather which have surprised me:

I also dont mean to sound negative but the weather shocked me. Sydneys weather is probably the worst of anywhere ive been before, it rains all summer almost everynight, its humid and muggy, during certain months of the year flies surround your face and its unbearable to be outside. The beaches are absolutly beautiful here, but I almost find it hard to find a good day to go to them even in summer because its never that nice.

And I just want to know what others think of this. Is it a fair comment? Is this really what the weather is like in Sydney?

We went there in May 2007 and the weather was lovely! Yes its not as hot as Queensland, and it does rain, but generally its beautiful, my friend who is moving spent a year there five years ago and said the weather was amazing, i know they have not had the best summer ever last year but neither have we!

Guest mutikonka

I would have thought Sydney has the best climate in Australia - pleasantly warm in summer (OK it rains heavily sometimes but not drizzle for days on end like in Britain) - but not too humid like Qld. And I like the clear and cool Sydney winters - often like a nice British spring or summer day.

However, this last 12 months the weather HAS been really weird - a very long and often miserably cold and wet winter. Must be too many poms bringing the weather over.

However, this last 12 months the weather HAS been really weird - a very long and often miserably cold and wet winter.

But then since early September the weather has been quite excellent! A few days of rain, some days above 30 degrees but the majority dry, sunny and between 22 and 25 degrees. Couldn't ask for more. Even the Aussies didn't complain...:biglaugh:

Just a thought - bear in mind, those of you thinking of emigrating - if you find the heat and humidity too much from Sydney northwards, you can always consider Melbourne, we sometimes get forgotten down here, but the weather is kind of like a milder type of UK. We do get 'cold snaps', but in Summer we get cooler weather as well, which is nice after a few days of heat. Further North sometimes the heat can go on for a while, I know some Brits who complain about it, but it depends what you want I guess. Good luck with whatever you decide!

cheers

Olly

Archived