Townsville friends wanted!!!

Guest miss m

:jiggy:Hi

I am a single 32 year old professional female who has recently moved to Townsville. Apart from the lovely people I live and work with I know nobody here and am desperate to make some friends!

I've only been here a month. I live in Douglas but am hoping to move to North Ward or Rowes Bay next year.

Is there anybody out there?!?!?!?

Guest 1010ozzy

:smile: Hi Miss M, you didnt say what your name was.

Can't help you right at this moment but we hope to be in Townsville next July/August, we have bought a house in Cranbrook, I have dual nationality and OH is applying for spouse visa.

My sister and her family live in Townsville but not in town all the week as they live on a cattle station in the outback and have a house in town that they use for part of the week.

What is your job? Did you find it easy to get work?

I know not being alot of help but good to talk to someone who is already where we want to be.

PM if you want to keep messaging, Good Luck and hope you make lots of freiends soon.

Dawn x

Hi thanks so much for your reply!

My name is Michelle. Work was easy, thats why I ended up in Townsville, I was offered a job here and a sponsored visa!

I am loving it so far, just a little lonely. My mum is moving here next year so will be better then.

I have family in Australia but most are in Adelaide so not exactly round the corner!

I bet you can't wait to get here! Guessing you have been before to Townsville and know what to expect. Raining season now, humidity is shocking, we had a fantastic rainfall last night!!

have you got property to sell in UK first? thats a pain isnt it!

keep in touch!

Guest hels269

Im doing all I can to get over there and help you drink a few sauvignon blancs !!

if anyone knows anyone who wants to buy or rent a house in caerphilly, just 7 miles from cardiff.. PLEASE BUY/RENT MINE !

oh and a job in t'ville would be nice too if anyone has one lying around !!

Hel

• 2 months later...
Guest Nik Willson

Hi Michelle,

My names Nicola and I am moving to Townsville in 4 weeks. I am 29 and going to James Cook for 6 months to start with before deciding what I want to do and what my options are. I have not got anywhere to live at the moment but I am going to find somewhere for a week while I look around.

I hope you have met more people over the Christmas period. I wondered if you would like to meet up for a drink?

Nicola

Guest Rob7341

Hi,

My names Rob, 27 and moving to townsville next month from the UK. Hope to meet you all at some point.. soon as I'm settled and have been to work. Hopefully weather is better than blighty!

I'd really appreciate any info on what to expect ;) Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

My name is Michelle. Work was easy, thats why I ended up in Townsville, I was offered a job here and a sponsored visa!

I am loving it so far, just a little lonely. My mum is moving here next year so will be better then.

I have family in Australia but most are in Adelaide so not exactly round the corner!

Hi Michelle. Been in Townsville since 1st Jan after 6 months in Brisbane and even though my daughter has just started prep school, finding it very hard to make friends here!! We're out at Bushland Beach and if you fancy meeting up for a coffee let me know. Tracy (36), Keith (41), Ellie (4 going on 19)!!!

Guest mange227

Hi Michelle. Been in Townsville since 1st Jan after 6 months in Brisbane and even though my daughter has just started prep school, finding it very hard to make friends here!! We're out at Bushland Beach and if you fancy meeting up for a coffee let me know. Tracy (36), Keith (41), Ellie (4 going on 19)!!!

Hi Tracy, My name is Angie and we are moving to Townsville at the end of June. Sorry to hear your having a few problems making friends, never easy in a new place let alone a new country. Although I wont be around for a while would you like to keep in touch? My husband has joined the Australian Army so I am not sure where we will be quartered yet. We have an 8 month old son.

Take care

Angie

X

Hi Tracy, My name is Angie and we are moving to Townsville at the end of June. Sorry to hear your having a few problems making friends, never easy in a new place let alone a new country. Although I wont be around for a while would you like to keep in touch? My husband has joined the Australian Army so I am not sure where we will be quartered yet. We have an 8 month old son.

Take care

Angie

X

Hey Angie

Hope your move goes well, be youre glad you are not here now, we have a cyclone due to hit in the morning!!!! Such fun, its very wet n humid at the mo!

Townsville is pretty small, a lot of the army guys get housed in Riverside gardens which is a lovely suburb, but you are never far from anywhere here!

Ive sent Tracy a PM, Ive been here 4 months so I still dont know many people either, will be nice for us all to get together!

Michelle

Guest mange227

Hey Angie

Hope your move goes well, be youre glad you are not here now, we have a cyclone due to hit in the morning!!!! Such fun, its very wet n humid at the mo!

Townsville is pretty small, a lot of the army guys get housed in Riverside gardens which is a lovely suburb, but you are never far from anywhere here!

Ive sent Tracy a PM, Ive been here 4 months so I still dont know many people either, will be nice for us all to get together!

Michelle

Hi Michelle

Have sent you a PM. I am not looking forward to the humidty of Townsville I can tell you! I have heard about the cyclones, must cool things down a little though? I will have a look at google earth I think at Riverside Gardens, thanks for the heads up.

Would love a get together.

A

X

• 5 months later...
Guest fairozaj

Hi,

My partner and I have recently moved to Townsville...I'm from the midlands and he is a born and bread south australian. There are a few blogs written from earlier in the year but was wondering what the go was with meeting new people in Townsville. We're loving the laid back, warm weathered atmosphere but want to know what is available sociable for new people here. I like nothing more than a cold glass of sauv and partner's tipple is carlton draught. Would like to catch up with any like minded people.

Guest 1010ozzy

:smile:Hi we arrive in Townsville on the 6th August and would also be interested in meeting up for a drink and finding out what is going on in and around the Townsville area.

What part of Townsville are you living in? we are going to be in Cranbrook

Dawn and Nigel

Guest miss m

Hi "fairozaj" !

Yep i am still in in Townsville, 9months and am slowly settling in. The weather is lovely now isn't it!

I will be down on the Strand on Sunday morning for coffee if you fancy meeting up? I will be meeting another pommie lady who has only been here a couple of months so we can all have a natter!

PM me if you are interested and I will pass on my email/tel No. for you.

What suburb are you in? I am in Hyde park at present.

Dawn - we should definitely catch up when you arrive! My mother should arrive around that time also, from Manchester so I should be off work and free to meet up more easily for a couple of weeks.

Michelle

PS if anyone else on this thread is still wanting to get together PM me

Guest fairozaj

Hi Michelle,

Yea would love to catch up for coffee. We are living in West End at the moment...nice and relaxed but not too far from the beach which was a must!!!

I am a forum virgin so PM me with your email/tel no and we'll go from there...lol ;)

You're right though, the weather here is gorgeous at the mo. People keep asking me whether I've been in Townsville during the summer before. I haven't and I think they are secretly laughing at this fact.....we shall see!!!

Guest fairozaj

Dawn,

Would be lovely to catch up with you and your partner when you arrive in August. The suburb we're in is a 45 minute walk to the beach....a walk I hasten to add we've only done once..lol!!

Townsville is beautiful, entertaining little place. We had an awesome V8 weekend last week!!!

Are you any your partner moving here for work?

Guest taybir

Hi Michelle - sorry haven't been in touch for ages - lost all your details after laptop fell to the floor :-( would still be good to meet up sometime for a coffee. See you're going to the Strand Sunday which i won't manage but if you are free the following weekend (or any weekday after 3pm) would be good to meet up. Tracy

Hi "fairozaj" !

Yep i am still in in Townsville, 9months and am slowly settling in. The weather is lovely now isn't it!

I will be down on the Strand on Sunday morning for coffee if you fancy meeting up? I will be meeting another pommie lady who has only been here a couple of months so we can all have a natter!

PM me if you are interested and I will pass on my email/tel No. for you.

What suburb are you in? I am in Hyde park at present.

Dawn - we should definitely catch up when you arrive! My mother should arrive around that time also, from Manchester so I should be off work and free to meet up more easily for a couple of weeks.

Michelle

PS if anyone else on this thread is still wanting to get together PM me

Guest miss m

Hey Tracy

I wondered where you disappeared to!! lol

I am away in Brisbane the following weekend but I will soon be having a couple of weeks off work as my mum is moving over here. (I will need to pop over to Bangkok to meet here - dates unconfirmed as yet)

I will PM you my new mobile number and we can try to catch up as soon as know my where abouts!!

Mx

• 2 years later...
Guest sunil3000

Hi Dear

I am also a 40 year old professional male moved recently to Townsville and looking for friends. I love to to chat, travel, fishing, music and outings. Love to talk to you. Please reply to sunil3000@hotmail.com

Await eagerly for your reply.

Kind Regards

Sunil

Sunil

• 1 year later...

Hi miss M,

I'm married 31, 2 kids & live in Townsville. I would like to be friends with you & bonus similar age too :laugh:

We like camping, fishing, bikes & bbq's.

Pm me if you want to keep in touch...

Cheers, Trish

:jiggy:Hi

I am a single 32 year old professional female who has recently moved to Townsville. Apart from the lovely people I live and work with I know nobody here and am desperate to make some friends!

I've only been here a month. I live in Douglas but am hoping to move to North Ward or Rowes Bay next year.

Is there anybody out there?!?!?!?

t

Hi there, I'm married 32, 2 kids... We love camping, fishing, bikes, bbq's, booze & some nice new friends... I desperately need some honest, cool chicks or couples like minded to hang out with :)

thanks, looking forward to all your responses

Cheers Trish

• 1 month later...
Hi there, I'm married 32, 2 kids... We love camping, fishing, bikes, bbq's, booze & some nice new friends... I desperately need some honest, cool chicks or couples like minded to hang out with :)

thanks, looking forward to all your responses

Cheers Trish

hi trish, were in townsville, and I've not yet met a single new person since moving here in may!!

How are things going for you? And how long have you been here?

Bec x

Archived