What clothes do I bring?

half a dozen

Hi

My most dibby question yet - what is the weather like?

Got to start seriously packing now and I need to know, do I bring just hot weather clothes or do I need to bring flleeces, rainmacs etc?

The rest of our stuff isn't arriving til Feb as we are renting furnished for 3 months.

Sorry to sound dumb, hope you can help!

Carrie x :wacko::jiggy:

Guest WARDStoOZ

Hi Carrie!

Where in Oz are you heading???

The one thing I would say is that the temperature in Oz can drop very suddenly at night so I would recommend fleeces although I'm not sure whether the tempeature would drop that much at this time of year (summer),

Hope that helps a bit - be prepared anyway!

Dan xx

Hi Carrie,

we were in perth last Nov-Jan and the weather was great.It did get cold at night though so glad we took some jumpers/jackets with us. Hope this helps

xx Shell xx

Guest prettyinpink

This is the website for channel 9, Perth's local channel. Australia and world weather forecasts and BoM radar - ninemsn weather

The weather is forecast warm and sunny at the mo with the night time minimums set to rise. I would pack bathers, t shirrts, shorts and something warmer for the evenings (jeans / jumpers etc).

When are you leaving? and where are you staying when you get here?

if you are anywhere as far north as townsville you can burn your jumpers! the temperature only drops a few degrees lower than the daytime temp up here so its damn hot at night! was 32 degrees today and they reckon the low (which is usually bout 5am) will be 26 degrees! IE never cold this time of year up here. In fact you might wish the temp would drop!

I would say though if you are up north bring a brolly as its now the wet season and currently throwing it down and lightening!!!

Guest Mark n' Manda

However, if you are heading south you can still get the odd cool day. Friday in Melbourne was noticably cooler than recent days (around 11 deg C) and it rained mos of the day - much-needed though.

A fleece & mac or brolly were the order of the day.

We ditched most of the heavy clothing but brought just enough for the cool days.

Archived