Newbie saying Hi..

paulhug

Hi guys....what a great website. i only found you yesterday. We (Me, my wife and 2 kids, 9 and 5) are hoping to emigrate to the Sunshine Coast once we have our Visa. We are applying for a Business visa and are hoping to buy or start a childcare/nursery facility. I don't know if anyone has any info on how long this will take but i was amazed at my initial meeting with our agent, John Mumford, (Visa Unit) when he said we could have it by July this year! Lets see if he is true to his word...lol

If anyone is on the Sunshine Coast and knows anything about Pre-schools, or lack/abundance of them any info would be gratefully recieved, as you can only do so much research on the net.

Guest jonseywife

Hiya paul.........

Welcome to the site, I only found it a couple of weeks ago myself & picked up loads of top tips BUT the trouble is I now spend far to much time on it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noticed your using John Mumford (The Visa Unit)... we are using them too.

My hubby has just passed his TRA (dont think we could have done it with out them) and have just put our full application in and he told us 4-6months....... so i'll let you know!!!! They have been really helpful, efficient and on the ball, actually chasing us in most cases, so I dont think you'll have any problems with them.

We are hoping to head for Melbourne and my other half is a plumber, so have now idea about childcare out there or the Sunshine coast, but keep reading and posting on the forum, and i'm sure you will find out what your looking for............. Good luck

:)

Hi chelle and jonseywife

Thanks for the replies. Chelle, are you a childminder then? have you started the "process". where are you hoping to go?

Jonseywife, John mumford has been great so far. With us starting/buying a business the process is a bit different to most on here. But already john has been busy putting together a business plan for us. I just recieved a draft copy by email from him....Its 42 pages long!!!!! We just would not have been able to do this with out him. He says it will be ready to lodge with the state government sometime this week.

Paul

Guest jonseywife

Hey Paul.........

As for John Mumford, I definately know your in safe hands there, mate!

Good luck and hope all goes well with your application :):)

I have also heard that childcare is very much in demand in oz. I have looked at a fair few childcare sites on the sunshine coast as that is where we are going once our visas are through. I was going to start training here for pre-school age as I have 3 children and have thoroughly enjoyed my stints at the local playgroup but then decided to emigrate. Now I am looking forward to re-training in oz (worked in tax office for 14 years now) to do something I really enjoy and also put to good use all my experience!!! Anyway if we end up in the same area I would love to help you. I too was considering my own childcare centre but I have no formal qualifications for this and have never been self-employed so it all seems abit scary to me. I hope it all goes well for you tho and I know from experience how much parents appreciate good childcare. Take Care

Archived