457 visa and PR

mr luvpants

Dont know if anyone can help?

If we decide to apply for a 457 (my wife is a nurse) how long do we need to work here until we can apply for PR and does the time we have been in oz (on a 457) count towards the time we need to sponsor my in laws for a CPV?

Hope that makes sense???:jiggy:

JOHN

Guest prettyinpink

Hiya John, on a 457 visa you can apply for permanent residency after you have been here 2 years. A friend of my OH applied after he'd been here 2 years and it took 5 weeks to come through.

I'm not sure about the CPV question though, maybe someone else will be able to help on that score.

Hiya John, on a 457 visa you can apply for permanent residency after you have been here 2 years. A friend of my OH applied after he'd been here 2 years and it took 5 weeks to come through.

I'm not sure about the CPV question though, maybe someone else will be able to help on that score.

No you dont have to its up to the employer oh a nurse weve been here since Feb and they put the sponsor in in May currently going thro the meds done em cahracter refs, you just get your employer health authority to move it alomg special circumstances like cant get credit oh cant get proper work on 457 that does happen, they generally shove it through because they are desparate for nursing staff and like to keep em sweet

Mally from Kally

Dont know if anyone can help?

If we decide to apply for a 457 (my wife is a nurse) how long do we need to work here until we can apply for PR and does the time we have been in oz (on a 457) count towards the time we need to sponsor my in laws for a CPV?

Hope that makes sense???:jiggy:

JOHN

You can apply for PR immediately or even before you arrive in australia. I lodged mine a month after I reached Australia. Unless you are waiting for employer sponsored...

I guess it doesn't count

Archived