Non peak driving times: Perth

Guest guest17301

Guest guest17301

Can anyone tell me the approx driving time from the Port Kennedy area to the CBD in Perth at non peak times? ie 6am,1pm and 10pm. I am a nurse with a job in Perth but want to live in the southern suburbs.

After reading a thread about the trains being not so safe at night am rethinking my commuting plans and wondering if it would be better to live closer and use the car.

Don't fancy spending ages in the car and the train was going to be a way of geting to and from Perth city relatively quickly.

Thanks in advance...

Guest Westozzie
Can anyone tell me the approx driving time from the Port Kennedy area to the CBD in Perth at non peak times? ie 6am,1pm and 10pm. I am a nurse with a job in Perth but want to live in the southern suburbs.

After reading a thread about the trains being not so safe at night am rethinking my commuting plans and wondering if it would be better to live closer and use the car.

Don't fancy spending ages in the car and the train was going to be a way of geting to and from Perth city relatively quickly.

Thanks in advance...

I would have to say around 50 minutes from port kennedy to be on the safe side.:jiggy:

Guest guest17301
About 45mins, 60 mins and 45 mins.

Why would you live so far from where you are going to work?

We really like the look of the area, we could live close to the beach and most importantly we could get a nice 4x2 for less than $350. Any suggestions gratefully received

Guest Westozzie

Im more of a north of the river person so I would suggest Kingsley, Warwick, Woodvale. Anywhere around this area. Only 20-30 min into perth cbd

Guest guest17301
Im more of a north of the river person so I would suggest Kingsley, Warwick, Woodvale. Anywhere around this area. Only 20-30 min into perth

cbd

We would love to live in these areas, school has excellent reputation in Woodvale...but the affordable rentals seem scarce..

Can I ask why you prefer North and what you think of South?

Guest Westozzie

I think the reason behind my fondness of the northen suburbs is down to the friendly people that we meet there & have always been welcomed. Having said that we have never lived south of perth so cannot really say. I wouldn't think that the people would be that much differant.

One of the reasons that we chose to live in our suburb was because of commuting time, especially working shifts and night shifts in particular, I didn't want an hours drive home from work when I'd been awake all night, and to be honest, on some days after a busy night shift the 20 - 25 mins home was bad enough lol.

My colleague lives in Port Kennedy and travels to Armadale which takes her about 45 min, she's getting fed up of the travelling and toying with the idea of moving house even though she likes Port Kennedy the daily commute and having to get up so early to get to work is taking it's toll.

Ali

40 minutes.

Would take longer for 6am though as hitting the busy time -maybe 50 mins-an hr ?

Do you want to do that kind of ccommute after a shift ?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest guest17301

Can anyone give me a reasonable estimate of the driving time from Currambine to the centre of Perth at 6.30am 1pm and 10pm please? Change of location!

Guest The Picketts

Thanks in advance...

I live in Waikiki and use the train up to CBD at various times with no problems. My only experience of late night train journey home was a positive one, so many guards were on the platforms and trains I felt perfectly safe. My husband also travelled home late one night following a rugby match with fans of both sides travelling together with absolutely not problems either - just friendly banter.

I didn't see the thread saying they were not safe so I can't comment on that - but then I did use to travel on the Central and Victoria line to Walthamstow etc at night in London only last year so I suppose that helps in finding things here south of the river so much safer and relaxed.

Best of luck in finding the right area to live - regards, Cheryl:smile:

Can anyone give me a reasonable estimate of the driving time from Currambine to the centre of Perth at 6.30am 1pm and 10pm please? Change of location!

If I remember correctly, it took us 35 mins by car, 20 mins by train at other times (not peak times). Never got up as early as 6.30 am though (I like my bed too much!!) :SLEEP:

Archived