Wanting to move to SA

Guest jim & nik

Guest jim & nik

Hi.

I have been milling it over know for a while . Have talked to Australian House, they have said that i can get a 175 visa which will cost £4800 approx and will take up to 18 months. So the stage im at at the moment is researching and reading and posting messages which gets me more confused. I want to move out to OZ but cant realy think of the questions when I sit in front of the PC. I think im waiting for someone to tell me or waiting for a sign that it will be OK.

We are a family of four. NIk my wife who would leave tomorrow , 2 kids girl of 12, boy of 7, both dont want to leave their friends . Me, On my head be it. the one who everyones future will depends on. (Well thats what it feels like).I do want to go, but to leave friends and family ?

I would be the one who gets the visa and the family would come with me. I've been told that a job for me would not be to hard to get. Trained Electrician and refrigeration & A/C engineer. Worked for the same company for 20 years since i left school, nearly

There are many more questions to ask , this one is more of a blurb of my chest.

Could anyone put me back on track.

A CONFUSED JIM:err:

Guest majortom57

Hello Jim,

All those eemotions that you feel are common I suppose, I know I went through them !!!

We have (wife & 2 children) been in Adelaide for just over 2 years now, and we can safely say that this is home for us now. We arrived on an employer sponsorship (RSMS) which took about 7 months from beginning to end.

The aussie life is a good one, but its not all about sunshine, swimming pools and beaches. You'll find that the wages here are more than likely less than you earn now. I also found that all that credibility you have earned over the years in your UK job means nothing, and you have to start all over again.

You'll meet new friends Im sure of it, but like you I thought about leaving old ones behind. Sounds silly but when we first arrived I was always thinking that I would never stop to chat to anyone when we were out shopping !!!

We had more to lose than some making this move, we have two elder daughters back in Kent, and than still hurts like mad. But the 2 that came with us are both doing well and love the place. My 19 year old son found it very hard at the start, but he's about to start basic training for the airforce and then train to become a Communications and Electronic Technician. My 6 year old daughter is a proper little aussie with an accent to go with it, this country has made her so confident.

If I had to give you any advise it would be to come and give it a go, stay a few years then make a choice.............you may regret it if you dont !!

All the best

Jim

Guest Guest9973

2 points......

1) There never seems to be enough air con engineers here so I reckon that 's a sign.

2) Hiya Jim.Fancy seeing you in here.Life looking good!!!:notworthy:

Hi Jim

We're in the same boat as you, just appointed an agent, and about to start the whole business. Hubbie is a brickie so we're going (hopefully) on a 175 visa.

We were really confused about where we wanted to go, were thinking NSW, but having been to to Leeds Expo this morning have decided SA it is!:idea:

We are in a slightly different position to you as there's only the 2 of us, so we figure if it doesnt work out, we'll try somewhere else! (and if it really doesnt work, at least we tried!)

Anyway just wanted to say hello, its only our second posting, were all new and shy too:embarrassed:lol

Jim & Ali

Guest Guest9973
Tyke.

Do you no jim (majortom57) or jim(jim & nik)

just curious?

I know Major Tom from another forum.

I've followed his progress to Adelaide - not easy for him at times.

Hi Jim

We're in the same boat as you, just appointed an agent, and about to start the whole business. Hubbie is a brickie so we're going (hopefully) on a 175 visa.

We were really confused about where we wanted to go, were thinking NSW, but having been to to Leeds Expo this morning have decided SA it is!:idea:

We are in a slightly different position to you as there's only the 2 of us, so we figure if it doesnt work out, we'll try somewhere else! (and if it really doesnt work, at least we tried!)

Anyway just wanted to say hello, its only our second posting, were all new and shy too:embarrassed:lol

Jim & Ali

hello jim and ali, im new on here as well,im a bricky going on a bn 136 visa. was just wondering what a 175 visa is, is it a sponsored visa? im asking because my mate in work is 45 already so too old to get a 136 visa, so was just looking at other ways he might get in such as company sponsorship etc. good luck btw,paul

Hi Paul, the 175 visa is independant skilled migrant visa, and im pretty sure that you need to be under 45 to apply for it:sad:, Could he perhaps apply for state sponsership?? im not sure if there is an age limit on that, i sure he will get somthing sorted out though, apparently they are desperate for brickies out there! good luck X

J&A

Hi Paul, the 175 visa is independant skilled migrant visa, and im pretty sure that you need to be under 45 to apply for it:sad:, Could he perhaps apply for state sponsership?? im not sure if there is an age limit on that, i sure he will get somthing sorted out though, apparently they are desperate for brickies out there! good luck X

J&A

thx for reply j and a, im going on bn 136 and am told that is skilled migrant visa! so many numbers and types of visa!yes he can go on a sponsored visa if he can find a company to sponsor him.thx again

Guest Guest9973
Tyke

thanks for clearing that up.

Maybe you can keep an out for me !

Cheers jim

:biglaugh:

I can wish you luck!!

The journey is not easy and will be a "stresser" at times - promise you.:goofy:

Archived