House to sell/not sell

Generalis

Hi all

Wondered if you could give me a bit of advice as things going round and round inside mine and hubby's head on this one. Not got visa yet this went in in May so still time to hear and also not done medicals/police checks yet.

House been on market since April had 1 offer but they cannot sell and it was a good offer. Now 2 offers have been made on Monday for a lot less than we wanted. House was up for £150k in April then dropped it around August time to £140k and 2 offers have been made for £125k and then slightly increased to £128k. What would you do? Keep thinking want to sell in case lose them and house prices drop more but not got visa yet and feeling scared and getting cold feet too.

Also found I got heart palpitations which I'm having tests for so part of me thinks will I pass a medical. I reckon its all stress related! What would you good folks do?

Thanks v much all

Sam

x

Guest tony and sheena

I know its sickening to feel you're giving away your house after all the effort you put in to make it a home, but I would take their arm off at the minute.

Don't forget to count in the cost of a validation trip if nobody else comes along.

I hate to say it but I think the property market is going to get worse before it gets better, which could be a few years away.

We're in the same boat, but without the offers, so you have my sympathy.

Wish I could say something a bit more cheery.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Best wishes

Sheena

Guest earlswood

Sell, because if you do want to go back for whatever reason house prices will have dropped further and you can get back on the ladder,

Hi just thought I'd update you. We said yes to accept offer and find they have put an offer in on another house and now they are not sure which one they want so are coming again tomorrow for third time to have another look round. Doing our heads in with it all and snapping at each other.

Friends and family think we are nuts to even think about accepting such a low offer but they dont know what its like for us lot eh?

Thanks for your replies.

Sam

Archived