457 Visa

xTINKSx

Can someone please enlighten me as to what happens after the 457 application is granted.

Is there a time difference between the date of approval and a date from when the visa becomes affective.

The OH's employer did not specify a date of start due to the fact that we didnt no how long it woud take to process. With this in mind, do they calculate the visa length from "touch down" in australia. We have been informed that it will not take too long for the visa to be processed we are anticipating December at the latest but we do not intend to travel until February - does this mean that potentially 2 months could have been "eaten up" already out of the visa length.

This is probably a really stupid question, but I have no idea how a visa physically works.

Many thanks.

:wideeyed:

Can someone please enlighten me as to what happens after the 457 application is granted.

Is there a time difference between the date of approval and a date from when the visa becomes affective.

The OH's employer did not specify a date of start due to the fact that we didnt no how long it woud take to process. With this in mind, do they calculate the visa length from "touch down" in australia. We have been informed that it will not take too long for the visa to be processed we are anticipating December at the latest but we do not intend to travel until February - does this mean that potentially 2 months could have been "eaten up" already out of the visa length.

This is probably a really stupid question, but I have no idea how a visa physically works.

Many thanks.

:wideeyed:

Hi your 457 visa starts from the day it is approved. Ours was granted 6/12/07 and we flew to oz on 9/2/08. If i remember correctly we applied for visa in Oct 07, so it took about 2 months. Hope this helps? :smile:

Nic

hiya, also when it is approved it will tell you when you have to be in oz by! ours took 14 weeks from start to finish, but we hear they are being done really quickly now days!!

sheena :wubclub:

Archived