Painters & Decorators: TRA Help, please

Guest Gollywobbler

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi All

I need some kind-hearted Painters & Decorators who have passed their TRAs to lend a hand to a young couple who have joined Poms in Oz today, please.

The lady is called Katypritchard. Please see Page 16 of this thread:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/migration-issues/45100-visa-connection-closed-down-urgent-read-16.html

Katy & Hubby, both aged about 26, saved like mad to pay some £3,000 to Visa Connection in Ediburgh to pay VC to help them with thair TRA application and then their visa application.

Less than a fortnight ago, VC suddenly ceased trading. There are no indications that the owner of the business intends to return a cent of the money to the clients and she does not say whether or not the business had professional indemnity insurance either.

Katy & Hubby cannot afford to pay another agent to help them.

Please, please, I need Painter & Decorator volunteers (plus marknhelen) to ride to the rescue and give Katy & Hubby a hand with their TRA application, please.

Katy is new to internet forums so she has not got the hang of how they work, yet, but hopefully she is getting there with this aspect.

Many thanks for any help at all.

Best wishes

Gill :notworthy:

Guest Gollywobbler
Hi ya just a quick question. What was the name of the consultant dealing with their application?

Hi Emmaandean

Clare Molnar owned and controlled Visa Connection Ltd and she gave the relevant hard sell i mean advice. Have you heard of her?

Best wishes

Gill

Guest emmaanddean

Sorry no just wanted to check not our consultants as we using a company also based in Edinburgh (Visa Go) just completed AQF 3 and about to start with the TRA now for a painter and decorator.

Guest Gollywobbler
My OH painter and decorator and we passed TRA. Happy to help...fire away with the questions.

Tracy xxx

Hi Tracy

Katy and her OH literally don't know where to begin with the TRA process. They thought their Agent would help them (and since the Agent had over £3,000 from them, what has happened is an utter disgrace.)

Katy's public profile is here:

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/members/katypritchard.html

Please could you PM her and offer to give her a hand with the process? Very many thanks.

Best wishes

Gill

Guest Gollywobbler
I have researched the TRA and Painting & Decorating to death!!! What does Katy need to know?

Clare

Hi Clare

Please see my reply to Emmaanddean. If you could also help Katy to get started it would be of immense help.

Many thanks

Gill

Hi Gill

my OH is a painter and decorator I was wondering if you had any updates on the pathway D scenario which was to be called MAP (migration assessment programme), this MAP was supposed to be coming in July of this year then postponed etc - from TRA website it appears that the only avenue at present is pathway E to acquire a AQF qualification at the tune of £3750.00 if you do one in the UK - this amount of money at present is way too much for us at the moment to consider as our agent last year advised us to get a NVQ in P & D then when OH was in the process of doing this at the tune of £1000 they turned round and said that TRA was not accepting them anymore !!

This whole migration business as been a major headache for the last year - OH has been told that Queensland, Tasmania, Victoria will sponsor him when he has a positive assessment from TRA - We were looking at the employer sponsored visa however not sure if this would be the right thing for us.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated

Thanks

Jemmie

Guest dan&nikki

my husband is a P&D, he gained his AQF last December (at a cost of £3750...!!) and then went on to pass his TRA on Jan/feb this year....it may be a hell of alot of money to pay but if you are like we were, we were basically stuck until he did the AQF as we couldnt go any further with the visa application...we did it and are sat now waiting for our visas to come.

hello gill, im a bricky and went through tra, im assuming the rules for work record etc is the same for painters as it is for us, the basics are...3years work record out of last 4 in your trade,38 weeks out of last 52 in your trade, as many "statements" from former employers as possible,not references, i.e paul is a nice lad and allways on time etc,the statements detail type of work and materials used, and need to be signed by company director etc. these are the minimum requirement as far as i know. btw we used an agent called concept in city centre manchester(not scotland i know,but...)their fees were approx 1300 quid a year ago when we applied, the payments are in installments of roughly 400 quid over the whole pain in the arse process,which might help if they are struggling for dosh. they were of great help and both of them worked for the australian embassy for many years.dont know if this has been of any help but anyway,good luck to them.

Guest sean,marie & gang

Hi GILL, OH is p&d passed our TRA in Feb had all paper work so didnt need to go down the AQF route.If you want me to pm them with any info please let me know.Have saved all our TRA application along with stat dec and employers references. Hope this helps.

Marie

Guest dan&nikki
hello gill, im a bricky and went through tra, im assuming the rules for work record etc is the same for painters as it is for us, the basics are...3years work record out of last 4 in your trade,38 weeks out of last 52 in your trade, as many "statements" from former employers as possible,not references, i.e paul is a nice lad and allways on time etc,the statements detail type of work and materials used, and need to be signed by company director etc. these are the minimum requirement as far as i know. btw we used an agent called concept in city centre manchester(not scotland i know,but...)their fees were approx 1300 quid a year ago when we applied, the payments are in installments of roughly 400 quid over the whole pain in the arse process,which might help if they are struggling for dosh. they were of great help and both of them worked for the australian embassy for many years.dont know if this has been of any help but anyway,good luck to them.

hi - we are also using Concept!

Just thought i'd share that!! lol

Archived