Going home from where?

Bod

Just wonderd what part of Australia has not worked for you.

Brisbane was not my cup of tea, Wished we had tried Adelaide, Melbourne or Tassie. Not sure if it would have made a diffrence thoe.

Not totally out counted returning but would never go back to Brissie.

John

Im heading home from Brisbane too.

To be honest It never crossed my mind to try somewhere else,when you see why people are unhappy in other states they seem to be a mirror image of why Im unhappy.

I dont think I will ever be back to Australia but who knows what the futre holds.

thewebweazel perhaps I'll give another side of the coin. Several people here do not like Brisbane, which is cool.

I have lived in Perth, Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns and visited most other parts but I would return to Brisbane anyday.

If you were a backpacker I would not recommend visiting Brisbane for long. It's a Town that has exploded into a City, but it still has that Town feel if that makes sense.

I live close to the CBD and I wouldn't want to live far from that, so it involved many factors as in where you will work etc.......

For me I lveo Brisbane, it's a cruisy place, it's not 100mph. I'm half hour or so from the Gold Coast so nice beaches and the surf.

I live South Brisbane and much prefer it to North Brisbane.

So many factors to consider, Brisbane is getting something like 1500 a week moving fron NSW mainly because fo work and at one time bigger property for the same or less $$$ but that is no longer the case.

150k English would buy you a very nice place in Brisbane.

Im starting to wonder whether I should have second thoughts about Brisbane as there seems to be so many people slagging it off, What are your opinions Joetrac + Essex to Aus

I think alot of people misinterpret people opinions as slagging the place off.Now there is no doubt in my mind that compared to the Uk Brisbane is a little behind in the times...but for some thats one of the positives for living here.The choice in the supermarkes compared to the UK is not as good ...again not always seen as a negative....due to this fact I have had to cook meals from scratch and discovered I enjoy cooking. Curries awful...make your own..I could go on and on...one persons prison is anothers paradise. So to be honest although i have pointed these things out it never had any effect on my day to day life and wasn't a factor for my return.

I honestly don't see brisbane as being any worse than the rest of the states,I have said many times OZ isn't for everyone,it doesn't make it a bad place just not for me.I would give Brisbane a try ,more people I know love it than hate it. That is what people tend to forget on this forum,there are MORE POSITIVE POSTS THAN NEGATIVE ones but for some reason people focus on the negative and turn it into a UK/OZ war.

Im glad I moved to Brisbane ,I have meet some really nice people and had an easy life for the past 2 years...but I cant wait to get home.

You will never know untill you try it for yourself.

Guest Hello Kitty
Im heading home from Brisbane too.

To be honest It never crossed my mind to try somewhere else,when you see why people are unhappy in other states they seem to be a mirror image of why Im unhappy.

I dont think I will ever be back to Australia but who knows what the futre holds.

Australia is a huge country and like the U.S. there are big differences between cities, towns and states here.

I live in Melbourne and have visited Brisbane a few times. I like Melbourne's culture, vibrancy, restaurants, shopping, art, festivals etc. and I think perhaps Brisbane is lacking in some of these areas so I would not choose to live there because it doesn't offer what Melbourne does. Having said that I know many people from Melbourne who aren't interested in those things and would love the weather and laid back lifestyle of Brisbane so it depends on what you are looking for.

joetrac I quite agree, I hate the sausages here and the bacon is awful ha ha

I like Melbourne's culture, vibrancy, restaurants, shopping, art, festivals etc. and I think perhaps Brisbane is lacking in some of these areas so I would not choose to live there because it doesn't offer what Melbourne does.

Yep can't disagree with that, the weather does it a bit for me in Melbourne, apart from that very nice City.......I worked in Brighton and the streets scared me, I thought I was back in the UK ha ha......

Im starting to wonder whether I should have second thoughts about Brisbane as there seems to be so many people slagging it off, What are your opinions Joetrac + Essex to Aus

Hello thewebweazel

I think you must trust your own judgment. Brisbane is not a bad place, just not for me. Most poms I met were more fond of it than I was. Andrea my OH liked it but did prefer Melbourne.

It is down to you as a person (family) if it will work or not.

But my advise is stick with your gut feeling (Unless your a Bricklayer).

Good Luck John

PS thanks for PM

Archived