employment history for TRA??

Guest dazza monty

Guest dazza monty

hi...

im a time served J.I.B electrician with 7 yrs experience...

ive worked for agencies for 6 years throughout the uk,

on loads of different contracts.

im strugglin to get hold of all the numbers and contacts of past employers.

does anyone no if the TRA accept references frm agencies???

how many years employment history do u have to giv??

Guest jonseywife

Hiya.....

Weve just sent my hubby's TRA pack off, it was quite a task - He has the old school city & guilds and served 5yr appreticeship, and has had nearly 25 years experience. We still had to list every single employer and when he was self employed for a while, we had to send some proof and do a Statutary declaration (witnessed by a solicitor) to explain what he did and when during that time. Our agent said they have tightened up recently on all, so they need as much proof of your work record as possible. I would say any reference, even from an agency is needed as it proves you've actually worked when you said............. Hope I hav'nt put you off too much - they also need proof that you have worked continually in your chosen trade for the last three years !!! It's definately woth all the agro, just think of all that sunshine :lol:

Good luck

Jonseywife

Am I right in thinking that on your TRA you only need to include work that was relevant to the occupation under which you are applying? Meaning that you don't need to include a full work history outside your main trade?

Guest jonseywife

Cant really answer that one Sunset without being legally responsible................. :lol:

But I do know that on the actual TRA form you have a section to list all your employment history from day 1 anyway.

I should imagine you will need to prove any work you have done, but obviously concentrate on your main trade that your apply for.

If I remember correctly, they need proof that you have worked in that chosen trade for the last 3-4 years (you also get extra points for that too)

Hope it helps & good luck :)

Thanks Jonseywife. I think that everytime I look at these forms I see a new section I didn't spot before. I knew they would be hard work but I thought once I got into it I'd be in the right mindset - now I just feel swamped!!

Thanks again!

Archived