Few pics from around the sunny coast hinterland

PommyPaul

Went for a drive round the sunny coast with my camera and made alittle slideshow :cool:

lje2CwXJV8Q

Went for a wander along Coolum Beach today, whoaaa its lovely, great little waves for a beginner like me so i'm going to go buy a belly board and get the white british man boobs out later in the week!! :)

Y1gRC0ilGqY

And today it was noosas turn, all i can say is wow, what a lovely place, the water was so clear and when i stood at the side of the river there was a stingray just sitting there sunbathing right next to the shore!!

o4slBvuXHes

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Paul

Thanks very much for this.

I'm impressed by the greenery. My impression was that QLD has been suffering an appalling drought and that there is hardly any vegetation left there. The last thing I expected when I clicked your vid was to see dense and healthy looking vegetation.

What is that pinnacle type hill made of? Is it rock or one of those giant termite nests?

Please keep the vids coming. One of the coastal strip would be very welcome when you get a chance to go there, please.

Its good that you've now got some wheels and can explore properly.

Cheers

Gill

rangefull.gif

They're all small mountains, they look the way they do because over millions of years they've been worn down to the bare rock!

Really an amazing sight!

I'll be dragging the camera along most places so i'll get some more pics soon and add to this thread :)

Guest scots-in-oz!

Thanks for posting the pics PommyPaul! The seeing the one of the viewing area car park reminded me of the HUGE orb spider I saw above to toilet block. There was no roof on the toilets, and luckly I didn't see the spider untill after I'd been! It truly was the biggest spider I've ever seen!

Keep snapping away!

Mags:wubclub:

x

Brilliant, thankyou so, so much

You do realise we are now gonna want more!

Its a hard life....But please can you go trapsing those wonderfull beaches & looking at the beautiful scenery in search of more pictures!! ....If you would be so kind?! 28_1_14.gif

Good luck catching the waves, sounds like great fun...7_3_205.gif

Kelly :0)

Wow..thanks PommyPaul. We stayed in Coolum in July and just loved it. We are due to come out permanently in a few weeks but have been having a few wobbles so it was great to remember why we were coming out...great pictures.

My boys loved the surf lessons at Coolum...thoroughly recommend them.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Paul

Thanks for another great vid. The whole place is SOooooo much greener and more densely vegetated than I ever realised. I'd always imagined QLD as a place where you would have a job to persuade anything green to grow apart from mangroves in the far north. It is completely different to how I had imagined so your vids are brill.

That big mountain is really strange the way it towers above everything but looks as if it shouldn't really be there because it is so different from the rest.

Please make a supreme sacrifice for those of us facing a cold, damp, dark English autumn and winter? Struggle out on to the beaches and let us at least share a bit of sun, surf and warmth via your vids, please!

Cheers

Gill

Guest Clarinsred

It is just so depressing looking at them when the rain is lashing at your window, and the curtains are closed because it has gone dark outside.

But they give us all hope and a chance to dream...some day soon...

Thanks for sharing!

And today it was noosas turn, all i can say is wow, what a lovely place, the water was so clear and when i stood at the side of the river there was a stingray just sitting there sunbathing right next to the shore!!

o4slBvuXHes

What a place!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Clarinsred

I feel so sorry for you! I bet you are finding it soooooo hard! I'm not jealous one little bit, really!!!!!!! :yes:

Keep them coming, I've been ringing the agent, nagging, I want my application submitted tomorrow! For now I will have to settle for lving the dream through your videos!

Green-what do you expect with all the rain we have here !

And the greay sky too-yep, that's Queensland !

The mountains are the Glasshouse MOuntains and are volcanic plugs-they are amazing and we have views from our house ! Anyone interested in buying an acre, 4 bedroomed house with mountain views ?!

i'm interested but doubt i could afford...booo

Depends ! PM me with what you are after/ price etc and I 'll let you know. Otherwise....Probably going to Auction in the next 6 weeks...

Archived