Earlswood are you still in WA?

Guest J.and.K

Guest J.and.K

Hi all,

Earlswood you are a schollar, a gentleman and a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been in or near perth for abt 6 weeks and we think it's crap and not all it's made out to be. It certainly isnt boring.... just ask the hoons or if you don't get anywhere with them then just ask the nearest street gang!!!! yes fully understand your thoughts on the place and we're now looking at either relocating to Queensland or anywhere!

Any ideas and are you still living in WA?

Jay (of J and K)

Hi all,

Earlswood you are a schollar, a gentleman and a genius!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Been in or near perth for abt 6 weeks and we think it's crap and not all it's made out to be. It certainly isnt boring.... just ask the hoons or if you don't get anywhere with them then just ask the nearest street gang!!!! yes fully understand your thoughts on the place and we're now looking at either relocating to Queensland or anywhere!

Jay (of J and K)

Where in Perth are you??

Hi all,

Jay (of J and K)

As i sit indoors looking out at the Brisbane drizzle and grey sky you post gave me faith that posting negative posts on Australia is not as fruitless as i thought.

It take guts to speak up and say you may have made a wrong choice, I wish I had acted on my gut feeling after just 6 weeks. I suggest you read some of my posts about QLD before coming here. (unless you may be interested in a nice 3 bed 2.5 bathroom town house just a stones throw from Redland Bay, Gold Coast and Brisbane)

Guest Scardycat
(unless you may be interested in a nice 3 bed 2.5 bathroom town house just a stones throw from Redland Bay, Gold Coast and Brisbane)

Never miss an opportunity Arfur:biglaugh:

Hi all,

Jay (of J and K)

Dont sound like the Perth i live in???????:no:

Nic

Guest J.and.K

Hi,

Well we live in Tapping which isn't that bad. All i'm saying is, don't be expecting paradise. Some of the reasons we're not happy here are:

1. The roads are absolutely full of traffic.

2. Most people drive like sressed out lunatics.

3. If you do get caught for speeding (0.05 over the limit),which is highly likely as the police hide in the roadside bushes here, hefty fine(weeks wage + points!!)

4. On almost every wall and sign there is graffiti.

5. Cost of living is very high in WA.

6. Shortage of High schools, unless you can afford to pay and even then you struggle to get a place.

7. The lifestyle here is nowhere near laidback, i work 6am until 430pm+ 2 hours commuting time, 6 days a week roster... would be good money but for the high income tax.

8. The so called skilled worker shortage only exists if you want to work for peanuts.

9. Our next door neighbour is a copper and yes there is a lot of crime here.

10. It's scruffy, there is rubbish all over the sides of the roads plastic bags, cardboard,etc

11. The only wildlife you come accross is in the zoo (exept for the grey parrots and the spiders) Yes it's true ther are no wild kangaroos to be seen anywhere!!!!!!!!!

Well that's all for now....... I'm sure many of you love it here but sorry it's just not for us! so we're gonna save up and try to get to Queensland.

Cheers Jay and Kate

Hi,

Well we live in Tapping which isn't that bad. All i'm saying is, don't be expecting paradise. Some of the reasons we're not happy here are:

3. If you do get caught for speeding (0.05 over the limit),which is highly likely as the police hide in the roadside bushes here, hefty fine(weeks wage + points!!)

6. Shortage of High schools, unless you can afford to pay and even then you struggle to get a place.

7. The lifestyle here is nowhere near laidback, i work 6am until 430pm+ 2 hours commuting time, 6 days a week roster... would be good money but for the

8. The so called skilled worker shortage only exists if you want to work for peanuts.

10. It's scruffy, there is rubbish all over the sides of the roads plastic bags, cardboard,etc

11. The only wildlife you come accross is in the zoo (exept for the grey parrots and the spiders) Yes it's true ther are no wild kangaroos to be seen anywhere!!!!!!!!!

Well that's all for now....... I'm sure many of you love it here but sorry it's just not for us! so we're gonna save up and try to get to Queensland.

Cheers Jay and Kate

We stayed at friends in the Swan Valley area on fri. Took the dogs for a walk sat morning and there was a large kangaroo family watching us as we went by. These kangas are there all the time. We have seen lots of kangaroos in the wild here. Whilst i understand your views on Perth may be negative because you dont like it here, some of the points you make are obviously your opinions and not what we who live here in Perth, and like it, think. No disrespect meant i assure you just a difference of opinion.

Cheers Nic

Sorry it's not been what you expected. We've found the opposite here, but I do appreciate your experience and if it's not for you then it's not for you, although you'll find that Queenslands roads are equally as congested I'd expect, although property prices are a little lower than WA. Kangaroos aren't going to come into the suburbs but they can be found in more rural areas (although we get one or two at our local golf course).

Ali

:smile:

Hi,

7. The lifestyle here is nowhere near laidback, i work 6am until 430pm+ 2 hours commuting time, 6 days a week roster... would be good money but for the high income tax.

Cheers Jay and Kate

Do you think your expectations were too high perhaps?? Im not having a go just asking a genuine question by the way. You will get crime and grafitti and litter wherever you live - some places worse than others. Oz is not Utopia you have the same problems here as anywhere and Perth certainly seems to be a place you either love or hate. Where we are SOR I have lizards, frogs loads of birds in the garden, I haven`t seen any roos where we are but my friend sees them (she lives near a gold course) and our relatives often have them looking in their bedroom windows -they are on acreage in the hills). Since living here I often see dolphins, starfish loads of birds of prey - even an Osprey all just a 10 minute drive from our house - perhaps you chose the wrong part of Perth to live.

We did say when we did the move if we didn`t like Perth we`d try another part of Oz we wre lucky - I hope it works for you.

Sorry it's not been what you expected. We've found the opposite here, but I do appreciate your experience and if it's not for you then it's not for you, although you'll find that Queenslands roads are equally as congested I'd expect, although property prices are a little lower than WA. Kangaroos aren't going to come into the suburbs but they can be found in more rural areas (although we get one or two at our local golf course).

Ali

Just got back from Bunnings and a skink was at the door I seem to attract funny friends:wacko:

Mally from kally

Guest earlswood
Hi all,

Jay (of J and K)

Just spotted this post, told ya didn't I....bet you are impressed with all the fast-food-outlets thogh.....Jamie Oliver would have a coronary.

Not sure Queensland is going to be the answer to your problems !! See below !

Hi,

-And if you think the traffic is bad in Perth, wait until you come to QLD !! Took me 2.5 hrs to get back to the Sunshine Coast after work last week. Never seen traffic like it since England and I am only glad it was a one off !

- And if you think the driving is bad in Perth, again, wait until you come to QLD !!

- I see more police presence on the roads in QLD and they still drive like w@*@*@*s !

- Probably less here in QLD

- Cost of living high in Australia full stop, QLD no different but we have Aldi and Bi-Lo supermarkets and cheap bottle shops !!

- Thankfully don't need to think about this !! Can't comment !

- Don't fall into the trap that QLD is laid back-Aussies generally work VERY VERY hard -and people in the UK are blinkered about this...

- True everywhere in Australia...

Crime everywhere but less burglary here. All neighbours leave houses, cars etc open all the time (country living)

- Check out the Bruce Hughway here-no different. All comes from utes and lazy Aussies. Saw someone in front of me once pull over and throw lots of rubbish out of the car but the council would not do anything about it as they did not see it !!

- Have you been to Herrison Island (Burswood) to see the kangaroos or any public golf course ? Or the dolphins in the Swan river ? But yes, if you want bats, ticks, fleas, snakes, reptiles-Queensland is for you !!

Cheers Jay and Kate

Good luck !!

Archived