Selling car, anyone else worried??

Guest kanunski

Guest kanunski

Hi all,

So the plans for our move are going really well, everything on the list is making progress, flights are booked for the 17th Dec, removals are coming round to quote on Thur next week, we have somewhere to live at the other end, $ is def heading in the right direction which has made is significantly better off as a result.

Oh my god selling my car is a nightmare, not only does it break my heart as its the first new car i've had, but looks like i'm going to take a major bath on the price, shame it's so annoying to move it to oz or i'd take it with me.

How have others faired selling their car? Mines a 57 Audi TT 3.2 Roadster, so if there is anyone heading the other way and wants an awesome car let me know :jiggy:

Guest lj walker

Hi,

We are selling a car (mini cooper s 04 ) Bike ( Ducati monster 07) and a 4 bed house in wiltshire ( lovely area, great schools but crap weather.

Best of luck with your car sale.

Lisa x

Guest Wenders

Hi,

I decided on our return from our holiday in OZ in January that I was going to have a new car.

In Feb we decided to take the plunge and apply for OZ, we are about to have our meds this month.

I am soooo not happy about having to sell my new car next year, with hindsight, I shouldnt have bought it but its lovely and I wish I could take it with me!!

Its a Renault Megan ( I see you baby......shakin that a** ) a typical girlie car that I loooove to bits.

The worse part for me tho is I got it on finance...........and I just know Im going to end up selling it for less than I owe!!!................what a nightmare!!!

But at least I have another year of driving it......by then I might be ready to let it go!!!

Good luck with selling yours!

Guest KP Nuts

Hi there, I put my car on Auto Trader on Tuesday had a phone call yesterday morning, guy came to view it last night, and took it away 2 hours later, leaving me £3,000.00 of course, something good at long last.................

KP Nuts

Same issue, hubbys car Honda Accord 54plate 1 owner brand new purchased for 17k, put it on Autotrader offered 5k then 5.2k ahhhh! Thankfully a family member helped us out and brought it for 6k but boy that car is worth around 8/9k in Oz we even considered shipping with us, but as the house wont sell either had to rent it out we would be left high and dry on money. Please god let us win the lottory this week or someone give us 10k, were supposed to be going with house sale 100k and 2 cars but now no house sale and 6k for the car, these are hard times, very hard

Guest Alex & Kris
Hi there, I put my car on Auto Trader on Tuesday had a phone call yesterday morning, guy came to view it last night, and took it away 2 hours later, leaving me £3,000.00 of course, something good at long last.................

KP Nuts

Hi kim, well done on the car sale, bit quciker than u thought & u didn't drop 2 much.

So whats left to sell now mr kp's van & fish????

Hope everthing else going ok chat soon

Kris xx:wubclub:

HI THERE, Well my oh is a mechanic as some of you know, so we have had a few cars to sell, we have already sold my Suzuki vitara to my aunts lad, sold my oh vw passat to a work mate, sold the old Bedford campervan, so thats a start, still got to sell THE A6 audi quattro estate I USE TO TAKE KIDS TO SCHOOL, Sanyong Musso 4x4 ohhh and a 1938 Morris 8 he thinks its going its going with us no way lol we will sort it HELLLLLPPPPP

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yorkshirefolk

Hiya,

We struggling to sell our car too!! Its the major problem now to sort. Its a 57 black Golf 1.9 and cant believe we have not had any serious offers despite putting it in auto trader three times and as a classified ad on ebay. Bought is for 13k in May 08 ( the week before getting an unexpected job in oz!!). The most serious insulting offer was 5k!!

Not sure what were gunna do about it as we fly on 30th November.

Good luck, best wishes,

Liz

Guest Ali1963
Hi all,

So the plans for our move are going really well, everything on the list is making progress, flights are booked for the 17th Dec, removals are coming round to quote on Thur next week, we have somewhere to live at the other end, $ is def heading in the right direction which has made is significantly better off as a result.

Oh my god selling my car is a nightmare, not only does it break my heart as its the first new car i've had, but looks like i'm going to take a major bath on the price, shame it's so annoying to move it to oz or i'd take it with me.

How have others faired selling their car? Mines a 57 Audi TT 3.2 Roadster, so if there is anyone heading the other way and wants an awesome car let me know :jiggy:

Take it with you! It will last forever and it would be so gutting to accept a silly price.

Guest Steve916

Hi,

Im in the same boat. Got an '07 Ford s-max titanium for sale at 15kono. In autotrader for 3 weeks. Not a single phone call. Only bought the car 4 months ago for just under 18k. Nobody wants to spend money these days.Wish you all luck.

Steve

Guest spottymercedes
Take it with you! It will last forever and it would be so gutting to accept a silly price.

I agree take it with you. We brought our car along and my only regret is that we sold our other car and didn't bring that one along too. I don't know if you can bring 2 cars over maybe you can if one is registered to you and the other to your oh. It's definitely worthwhile bringing your car as it will cost you $5K or $6k for something you would pay £500 for in uk.

Guest The Pom Queen

Remember you must have owned the car for 12 months to be eligible to ship it over, and when you take all the costs into account it is a lot cheaper to sell it in the UK and purchase again here.

Have a look at this link, it provides all the workings out and hidden costs that you don't think about especially sorting your car for Australian compliance and getting the road worth, child seat anchor points etc installed. BritVics/ImportingYourCar - Australia

Guest spottymercedes
Remember you must have owned the car for 12 months to be eligible to ship it over, and when you take all the costs into account it is a lot cheaper to sell it in the UK and purchase again here.

Have a look at this link, it provides all the workings out and hidden costs that you don't think about especially sorting your car for Australian compliance and getting the road worth, child seat anchor points etc installed. BritVics/ImportingYourCar - Australia

I have read through the link and it seems the car in question was not worth bringing over. There were a lot of costs on their list that we didn't have to pay, not sure why? We were fortunate enough to buy ours at a good price in uk (as my OH is in the trade) and able to provide a receipt so got the stamp duty and taxes quite low, I guess if you paid a lot they would charge you more here. My OH did any work that was needed himself to get it through the inspection and roadworthy and for us it worked out well, and we could never have afforded to replace it like for like here. I guess if you are not in the trade or are not able to do any of the work yourself it can be more costly and a lot more daunting to bring it over.

It needs to be carefully researched before doing.

Guest HappyBunny
Hi,

I decided on our return from our holiday in OZ in January that I was going to have a new car.

In Feb we decided to take the plunge and apply for OZ, we are about to have our meds this month.

The worse part for me tho is I got it on finance...........and I just know Im going to end up selling it for less than I owe!!!................what a nightmare!!!

But at least I have another year of driving it......by then I might be ready to let it go!!!

Good luck with selling yours!

Wenders you're mad either that or RAC are paying you too much girl!!! who buys a new car then decides to emigrate!!!!! Seriously, wouldn't worry too much about the finance, if you make at least half of the payments you can ring the finance company and ask them to come and collect the car without having to make any further payments or paying them anything if the car is worth less than your outstanding loan. (worth checking with your finance co, but that was what we did). Also, we sold our other car a fab sporty Clio when it was twelve months old having had it from new (needed a sensible family car unfortunately) and actually walked away after clearing the finance with 500 quid, so no need to cry yet, though hindsight is a wonderful thing and you probably would have been better saving your money for oz!! x

Archived