Teacher Training in Adelaide, or just Australia in general.

Guest CarleyPops

Guest CarleyPops

Hi everybody, this is the first time I've dared to post anything on the site, but I'm just seeing if anyone can help me! I'm a 20 year old student at the moment in the UK, and hope to go on to teacher training after I graduate in July. However, my family are emigrating to Adelaide in March and I've been wondering about doing teacher training in Oz rather than staying here all on my lonesome.... :unsure: I just need to know basically if this is at all possible, and what the official term for the course would be (I could do with an Australian equivalent to the gttr website which advertises teacher training courses over here) I would also be interested in anyones opinion on my situation, I mean would it be better to qualify as a teacher over here first? In the long run is it better for me to be trained to UK standards, for example incase I decided Oz isn't for me afterall...??

I am grateful to anyone who can help with this situation, as I'm very confused about it all!!

:GEEK:

Each State here has a different Education Department and they are all different so if you train in South Australia and want to teach in Victoria you have to register again in Victoria, my son tells me its easy though.

Both of my children have teaching qualifications and my son teaches science and maths, secondary.

My son did a undergraduate Science Degree, a Diploma in Chemical Science and a post graduate teaching diploma to be a teacher 12 months post grad. My daughter has a Sociology/Psychology undergrad degree and also did the post graduate diploma 12 months.

Have a look at the web site for education in SA Department of Education and Children's Services (DECS) and also look at Flinders University and the University of Adelaide and see if you would be able to fit in.

Of course you would have to pay fees I imagine as you would not be a resident and therefore it may be better for you to complete in the UK.

Good luck Adelaide is a lovely city. :smile:

Archived