selling cars in QLD

Guest tony sutcliffe

Guest tony sutcliffe

Wonder if any one can help.....trying to sell two virtually brand new cars (with not much luck!). The duty that has to be paid by the purchaser, how is that worked out? Been on QLD gov site regarding this but cant get my head round it. It reads as though the duty payable is $2 per $100 of the value of the car???? Is that right? very confusing & i want to be prepared when i get an offer, coz who ever buys it will knock that amount off the price....does it make sense to anyone? HELP!!!!

(the cars are the only thing keeping us here)..i wanna go home.......

ps; any one wanna buy a Mazda 3 & Yaris??? :arghh: :chatterbox:

I think the duty is a fee payable by the new owner when they transfer the vehicle documents into their name.I know some traders pay this for the buyer,as a sell gimick ,so maybe try that ,it is normally 2 % of the price of purchase you are required to pay.Hope this helps a bit

Cal x

Guest YellowGecko

Tony, I feel your pain!!! Selling a used car privately here is near impossible!! It's just taken us 3 months to get rid of ours and ended up having to let it go for a song, for $3k less its worth. :arghh:

We just had to keep dropping the price, dropping the price.. no one's buying!

I hope you manage to sell them soon.

Off back to the UK, are you??

Guest YellowGecko

Also be aware of time wasters. I lost count of the amount of people ringing up, asking to come and look and go for a test drive. Many of whom would say they'd not driven that make and model of car before, so wanted to get a feel for it. THEY were the time wasters, who really just wanted to check it over, so they could go off and buy one elsewhere.

Guest tony sutcliffe

Thanks for that, even considering taking them back to the Uk with us, but its gonna be really pricey as duties etc are payable coz they are less than 6 months old, blah, blah, blah. Argh!!! wish we'd bought 2 old bangers now instead of decent motors as i'd just flog em cheap & go....go...go.......

Fingers crossed for us that they sell soon, otherwise its gonna be too expensive to fly back this year, & we'll have to hang on in here till 09. (cant even think about staying any longer than i have to, its got that bad here!) :arghh:

Guest the_zings

Can't help on the car front but I do understand how you feel. I hate being stuck here too! I'm stuck here till 2010!!!! Think I will have gone completely mad by then:arghh:

Guest YellowGecko

Yes it's a shame you can't get hold of a roadworthy cheapo runaround like a Ford Mondeo over here for 75 quid, like you can get in the UK.. use it for a short time, then sell it on for $50 or dump it.

We're car-less now for 3 weeks but having to fork out on a hire car for the last week or so.

I'm sure you'll get buyers, you just need to advertise everywhere online and in the Trading Post.

2010 is only just over a year away, zings. :wubclub: (depending on which month in 2010).

Jo x

Archived