Now you are in oz!!! so after you got your visa??

Guest silverstargazer38

Guest silverstargazer38

just interested in after you got the visa, you were waiting for,

did you just pack your stuff in a container ?

and fly over?? then look for rental when you arrive over there,

or did you arrange to rent before you go!! just interested in how you did it

as we dont have relatives over there and its all scary to me.

i think if i here how others have done it, it will ease my mind a bit!!

me and husband hoping to settle near brisbane hes a plasterer!!

Guest neil smith

Hi there, I don't know if this will help at all but my wife and I went on a working holiday visa in 2003 we had just sold our house and my share in a business so we didn't go for the normal back packing, hostel living year which is what most working holidays involve.

We arrived in Sydney on a Tuesday and had booked a hotel for 2 nights just so we had a destination, especially after we had just travelled through Thailand for three weeks.

We got the ferry over to Manly in the afternoon and as we wondered around we priced a few apartments in the estate agents windows . The day after we went in and viewed them, we loved the first one we seen and aplied straight away , which is what you do over there, we already had character references and copies of our bank balance and account. We had a phone call saying the vendor had accepted us on the same day and we moved in on the thursday to a fully furnished apartment over looking Manly beach, it was great.

We based ourselves there and did some travelling form there, then after 6 months, we left. we had already bought a car , so we packed up and headed off for a few weeks of travelling the East coast passing through Brisbane then heading up to Noosa which we walked straight in to an estate agents picked a few apartments to view and picked a fantastic one which was absaloutly out of this world with it's own pool overlooking our own private little beach for $100Aus less per week than we were paying in Manly.

I know this is a bit long winded but hopefully it'll help you realise how un scary the whole rental thing is out there, we did look in brisbane too and again their seemed to be plenty to choose from.

We are hopefully moving out there next summer and are waiting for my TRA to come back approved .

Good luck,

Neil

We secured a 3 month furnished rental via the internet for our arrival, we weren't in a position to send furniture months prior to our departure so it only left 3 days before we did!

We knew where we wanted to live more or less and organised schools prior to our arrival too.

Ali x

Guest neil smith

We had character references from our bank manager who happened to be a close friend, a policeman who was also a close friend, and employers.

As some one else who replied said it is probably not essential but it does build a better case for yourself .

Guest neil smith

Mortgage statements are perfect, the only advice i'd give is to make sure you view a few as we took the first apartment we viewed in Manly which was great but we could have had better for cheaper.

Just watched "wanted down under" was in Brisbane is it you who is moving there??

Just recieved my Australia & New Zealand magazine subscribtion through the post as well, it's all making us very impatient, we just want to be back there!!!!

Neil

Archived