nice places in wa

Guest wiccanwitch

Guest Darwin's coming too

Hi,

Hi,

Pretty much anywhere in Perth area, I have family who lived in Mindarie but have moved up to Two Rocks/Yanchep as they though there was too much graffitti in Mindarie (we saw a couple of pieces of graffitti but arty not gang-related).

Wherever you go make sure it's coastal or about 10min inland, that way you'll always have the beach for a playground.

There is a thread on here about Bunbury which is about 1 1/2hrs south of Perth which is supposed to be fab - lots of Brits there.

Hi

Lived in Mandurah for 8 years and we love it. Its about 50 mins south of Perth but theres also a train line now. Great lifestyle for families with good beaches/fishing/swimming/dolphins/golf courses/good schools.

Good areas are San Remo/Watersun/Madora Bay/Halls Head/Seascapes/Golden Bay/Singleton/Secret Harbour. All coast side of the road but if you dont mind being a bit further away from the beach then Lakelands is a new estate which is very popular. Watch the mozzies though if you go too far away from the beach.

Rockingham is a bit closer to Perth but you have to be careful cos some areas can be a bit dodgy. Warnbro/Safety Bay are nice but a bit older.

Fremantle is fantastic but a bit pricey but loads to do and loads of character.

Most areas in perth are nice but again pricey.

North of the city are Mindarie/Hillarys/Karrinyup/Quinns Rocks.

Most places by the coast are nice but it depends what you want really.

Hope this helps.

Guest prettyinpink

I'm in Perth, arrived here 3 weeks ago. I have 2 children, aged 10 and 14 and we've found it great. It's a very child friendly place.

The 2 top senior schools in WA are Rossmoyne and Willetton if you go by league tables.

We are moving into our first place this weekend in nearby Leeming.

The city takes about 20 drive, although you can get the train just as easily.

There are an abundance of beaches within a very short drive (15-20 mins) from Leeming / Willetton (which is where I'm staying at the mo).

I still haven't seen an police officer here and when the weather's warm, people leave their car windows down.

It's a very friendly place, every day I've had a conversation wit someone I've never met before. I would definataly recommend it to a friend.

Have a look on www.aussiemove.com as it will give you a list of suburbs and average house prices, if you're like us then the suburbs with an average price of over $1,500,000 get crossed off your list lol.

I live in Leeming too, an older, established suburb, 10 min train ride to the city (drops you off right in the heart of the shops!!), 15-20 min drive to the beaches and Freo (you're there all day so this journey isn't anything). It depends on what you want - this suits are needs and the fact that we're close to the city/Freo when the children grow so they can access things there too.

Ali x

Archived