total cost

Guest buffy

Hi there is anyone out there who has completed the move to Oz,and has keept a running total of the cost involved because it would be really usefull to have an idea of the real cost of moving so we can plan a head,and all the best to one and all out their and still hear,,,Chris and family from a windy Derbyshier

Guest itchyfeet
Hi there is anyone out there who has completed the move to Oz,and has keept a running total of the cost involved because it would be really usefull to have an idea of the real cost of moving so we can plan a head,and all the best to one and all out their and still hear,,,Chris and family from a windy Derbyshier

I haven't got it itemised but with visa,meds,flights,shipping and lots of other things we reckon it cost £15k.

The costs will vary enormously from person to person.. for instance, we lost tens of thousands on our house sale when someone pulled out at the last minute, so, for me, I include that in the 'cost' of moving!!

It is very hard to count the cost, too, if you don't have employment to come to, not knowing how long it will be before you get a job..

Then there are the 'hidden' costs such as the money you spend making your house a home. Even the odd rug here and garden table there soon add up to a tidy sum winging its way out of your account... not to mention the bond that you will have to pay if you rent a house. In theory, you should get that back when you move out but, in practice, it's spent really on moving to your next home..

Don't forget the money that you may 'lose' in selling a car in the U.K. and replacing it here...

A good rule of thumb is this. .. Whatever your budget, double it or regret it!

Archived