social work salaries in Melbourne

kdyer12

My OH applied for a social work post in melbourne, we are going over on a 457 visa.

She has today had an offer of 59,147 AUD salary and a relocation package of 10,827.22 AUD.

Is ther anyone else going to Melbourne as a social worker and if so did they manage to negotiate a better deal?

Mandy and Ken:realmad:

My OH applied for a social work post in melbourne, we are going over on a 457 visa.

She has today had an offer of 59,147 AUD salary and a relocation package of 10,827.22 AUD.

Is ther anyone else going to Melbourne as a social worker and if so did they manage to negotiate a better deal?

Mandy and Ken:realmad:

Hi Mandy and Ken

I was offerred a job in Melbourne with a similar salary working for the State, however they really dragged their heels on the relocation package so I declined the position as I felt the Salary was pretty low considering I was being offered a senior practitioners position. I did try to negotiate LAFHA as we were going to rent as the job offer was for two years initially, again I was being pressured to make a decision without being sure of the complete package. I think what you have negotiated is pretty good really. Hope all goes well.

Take care

Bev

Dear K&A,

My partner and I applied for social work posts in Canberra. We have been offered a salary of approx £35,000 each and a relaocation pkg of approx £9,000 to relocate our family (2adults, 2 children).

Let us know how you get on. We hope to be moving Jan 09!!!

Take care

Penny:yes:

• 6 months later...

Hi Just wanted to find out if you have actually made the move and if so how is the job, standard of living etc, just had an emial from Reed letting me know there are 457 visa available again this year, given recession here in UK it may be the time to relacate. Any info will be appreciated.

Thanks

bev

Archived