Photos of Victoria - our recent trip

Guest EvieB

Guest sanders family

Thanks evieb they were lovely photos, it was great seeing somewhere you have never been it wont be such a shock when we get out there. much appreciated

Great post loved the pictures and thoughts you gave.

Thanks for taking the time and sharing. Also loved your post about your reccie we are loving what we hear about Mornington and is one of our favorites but OH worries it may be harder for him to get a job so we are also thinking of Berwick. It,s just hard to know as we have never been. x

Guest katymary1

Hi,

We too love Mornington!

We visited my famil in Melbourne nearly two years ago and fell inlove with that area??

We also liked Lorne and Torquay (we live in Torquay) UK, so went there for a nosey!!!

We have a job sponsor for 457 visa and have employed an Agent who I have to say is dragging their feet??

We are debating whether or not we change as desperate to get out there??

Would love to keep in touch and wish you well with your application

X

Thanks for your kind words, everyone.

Scarlet Mia, what does your OH do? We were also worried about the work situation in Mornington which is why we were also considering Geelong. In fact, Mornington proved to be a much bigger town than we realised and Frankston isn't far. Of course, it depends on what job you do, but we were pleasantly surprised.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. I meant to say that before but just as I was posting last night the phone went and I ended the post a bit abruptly!

X

Guest *KAY TEE*
For anyone interested, here is the link to the photos of our recent trip to Victoria. They are mostly of Mornington because we knew very quickly that we wanted to settle there.

Our victoria trip: 14 - 29 August 2008

Oh it looked like you had a fab time, just had a nosey at your photies, and the places you visited look really beautiful...Thanks for sharing them with us...xx :cute:

Hi,

that was a great read! we hope to be in Mornington/Mount Martha next year. We don`t intend to visit before hand either, so great to see your photies and how positive you are about the place.

Lesley

Hi EvieB

Have so enjoyed looking at all your photos and reading about your trip - so useful and it looks like you had a great time.

Can't wait to see it all in real life in January! Medicals for all the family tomorrow in London!!

MandyR

Guest YellowGecko

Macs are great, aren't they?

Beautiful pics and I love the lighting on the Mount Eliza beach ones.

Hope you'll love your new life in upside down land!

Jo x

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi evieb,

Thanks for sharing all your lovely photos with us. Its really nice to see where we are planning on heading to.

We have never been to OZ, and through process of illimination (not sure if thats how its spealt) we have chosen Mornington as the place to head for.

Thanks again.

Andi. x

Wise choice, Andi!

I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have to work in the CBD. I know not all places suit everyone, but it really is difficult to find fault with it.

X

Guest Tam-and-Andi
Wise choice, Andi!

I'd recommend it to anyone who doesn't have to work in the CBD. I know not all places suit everyone, but it really is difficult to find fault with it.

X

Hi EvieB,

Thanks, we are really lucky also, as OH has managed to get a job offer there, well the main building is anyway, I think they have to travel places once they have list of days jobs, but we have been really lucky, thankfully.

So any more info, you feel like sharing would be greatly appreciated. We have two daughters 8 and 4.

What stage are you at?

Thanks again

Andi.x

Hi Andi, my OH has his electrician's Vetasses practical at the end of October so we are still some way off. We are planning on 18 months to two years before we actually go. What does your OH do? When are you going?

I've been talking to my sister who lives in Melbourne today, and looking at the photos. It makes me feel very impatient! We will go for a visit again next year, probably to validate our visas but it seems ages away at the moment. I know we are lucky to be able to visit in the meantime but in some ways it makes it harder when you have to come home each time.

If you can think of any questions, fire away. We don't have children to consider so not much help on schools etc I'm afraid.

Guest Tam-and-Andi

Hi EvieB,

First of all, good luck to your OH with his practical at the end of October.

My OH is a Carpenter, and we would love to go as soon as we can really, just like everyone else I suppose. Our online visa has just been lodged this month, so just have to sit tight, nothing else for it really.

If I think of anything I will give you a shout if the offer still stands.

Take care, and hope to keep in touch.

Andi. x

Guest ashmalog

fantastic thread and thankyou so much for the photos - we went to mornington and berwick in may 08 and loved the place, unsure where to settle, liked mornington but loved berwick - loads for kids. have friends in pakenham so berwick is our best bet. looking at ur photos really made me think - bloody hurry up DIAC, we want to go NOW!

Guest stue116

Wow, evieB, I remember talking to you early on in the year i think it was, coz we live in hertfordshire and want to live in mornington too.

Your photo's are beautiful,and gave me a big lump in my throat as we had planned to travel there next sunday 19th Oct when i last spoke to you, but we have had to postpone because of all this pathway D trouble.

We assumed by now that we would be well on the way through our vise process!!!

It looks a gorgeous as i imagine.

Thanks you

Sam

Archived