Melb east and south v western suburbs

Petals

Guest 2kidsonecat
so much for comparing the eastern suburbs with the west, doubt if they have a golf club in the west, they are too busy trying to survive.

I lived in Bayswater/Belgrave/Mitcham during my time in Melbourne and we had family and rellies in St Albans/Sunshine, the OH was actually born in Sunshine, but i digress , the east and west are like chalk and cheese.

The west is very flat, uninteresting , and appears , to me anyway to be very old, whereas the outer eastern suburbs are fresh and modern and with the hills etc a whole lot better place to live.

I dont mean to get into delicate issues, but the west and north is very Greek. Italian and to a degree German orientated where the east is very English.I suppose its just one of those things, people do tend to be more comfortable amongst their own.

Getting back to the original point, on the whole the eastern /south eastern subs win hands down.

Im speaking from 23 years experience, though i now live in France and im loving it.!!!!!

Doubt if they have a Golf Club in the West? I know of two and I dont even play!

As for 'surviving' google Sugargum Estate, Hillside.

'The West is very flat' You Yangs? Sunbury (rolling hills), Organ Pipes National Park (just beautiful) As for old, the East was established before the West.

I find the West, North, South and East very Italian, Greek, Pom, Vietnamese, Chinese, Lebanese, Albanian etc. Its what makes Australia what it is.

All this debate about the East versus the West really p***** me off, I'm a born and bred Londoner and I have been here nearly 3 years and haven't experienced any problems with public transport, lack of facilities etc. etc. The truth is there's good and not so good parts of each side of the city, theres some fantastic area's over the other side, and then there is some where I wouldn't want to live but I wont mention them as I wouldn't want to offend anyone.

I guess you were not that happy in Bayswater/Belgrave/Mitcham or you wouldn't now be in France?

Archived