Where to live (on the Frankston Train Line)?

Guest Alfrey

I am moving to Victoria in December. I will be working in Frankston and my boyfriend is most likely to be working in Melbourne. Any suggestions regarding the best suburbs to live? Thanks :-)

Depends how close each of you wants to be to work. Its an hour on the train from Frankston to the City.

If you lived in Frankston anywhere on the South Side is good.

One thing about Frankston is that you get a seat on the train as the demand for public transport has grown enormously recently the train tends to be full further up the line. They do run express trains though.

Seaford which is a couple of stations up from Frankston has some nice apartments for rent on the Nepean Highway and you just walk over the road to the beach so its a popular place for beach lovers to live.

Edithvale, Chelsea, Aspendale Mordialloc are nice areas. Further up you have Parkdale, Mentone Highett, Moorabbin. Cheltenham is good because there is access to Southland a large shopping complex and the Direct Factory Outlets.

I cannot think of a bad area really on the Frankston line. Most areas have access to the bay easily so have a google and look at the suburbs along the line and see what you like.

When you arrive you will get the feel for the place and I am sure you will find something very suitable.

Thank you for your advice! It's nice to hear that there are pletny of nice places to choose from! I wasn't very specific when I initally started this thread so some additional info might be useful. We are both 26/27, we want to be near the beach and close to somewhere with nice restaurants/pubs/bars and shops! We don't ask for much do we? Haha!

Thanks again!

That is a bit harder as the suburbs on the Frankston line tend to be family suburbs the action and beach are either right near the city such as South Melbourne, St Kilda Elwood but a long commute to Frankston.

Look at Google street views and perhaps wait till you arrive and then check it out there will be somewhere that suits.

Guest adam krajnyk

hi

me and my wife used to live in edithvale which is about 5 stops north of frankston and was only 5 mins walk to the beach too. the beach here is really nice. the train to the city was about 45 mins.

driving to the city on the nepean highway can be a nightmare as its traffic lights all the way and its only 15 minute drive to frankston.

we are currently living in the u.k and moving back to melbourne in about 12 months. will be moving a bit more in land as houses arent as expensive as on the coast.

we have two kids now to take back with us as we were 23 and 21 years when we originaly went out.

from

adam 29, beth 27, harry 3 amd gracie 1

Hey!

Both me and my boyf are 28 and we live in Parkdale, between mentone and mordialloc. We love it! We are right on the beach and 5 mins from restaurants. 10 mins from pubs in Mordy and Mentone, and on the trainline for Richmond/Frankston/City. We have tried living in more inland places, and it wasnt for us, but this place is perfect! Would deffo recommend. If you need more help, just yell.

Kat x

hey guys ive just moved to chelsea and think its a great place my boyfriend is 26 and im 21 and think its great here close enough 2 the city and places 4 nights out but also v v close to the beach and a more relaxed life.

hope this helps.

would be nice to meet some ppl in the area as i havent been here long

Jessica and Danny

Archived