How about Bendigo?

Guest riddes01

Guest riddes01

Looking to move to regional Victoria and quite fancy a move to Bendigo. My wife is a primary teacher and I am looking for a job in health and safety. We have two 10 year old girls who alter between real excitement at the prospect to a real fear! Still can't wait and now if our agents could pull the finger out !

Cheers

:mask:Stewart

Guest taffy 62

Bendigo is a nice place gets cold in winter though!

Albury Wodonga is a nice area similar to Bendigo but has a bit more there I think.

You should be ok to find work in those fields though in country Victoria.

Bendigo is a nice, typical, Victorian country town - quite a way from the beach though if that is one of your priorities. It is an old gold mining area and there is still a working gold mine there. Bit drought affected at the moment though I think.

Hi Stewart,

Myself and my family are moving to Bendigo in 6 weeks. Went there on holiday 4 years ago and really liked it. Decided to settle there as I have family there and I've got a job which helps.

My two boys 10 and 14 haven't got the excitement just the dread.

Chris

Both my son and daughter spent a year in Bendigo at uni, daughter last year and she loved it and she is a city person. So much to do. Because the university is there there is a lot of entertainment for 18 plus people.

My daughter is returning to uni next year and she would love to be able to return to the campus in Bendigo.

:smile:

Hi Stewart

My parents moved to Maldon (30 minutes out of Bendigo) when I was 11 till the age of 15. I have nothing but great memories of the place. I went to Maldon primary school then off to Castlemaine Tech for (part of) my high school. Castlemaine should be another place to think about, If your kids or you would like to PM me I would be more than happy to help out if I can (its been 18 yrs since I last lived there though). Also I will be passing that way in about 5 or 6 weeks so any info pictures I can get for you I would be more than happy to help you out if required.

All the best

Geoffrey

Archived