Living on a complex.

saunders 5

We are soon to be moving to the Gold Coast in November and have been looking at rental properties on the net. Can any one advise us whether the properties in complexes are residential or more for short term / holiday makers.

I`m also going to be working in the Gold Coast Hospital - is there anyone else out there that could tell me what it`s like ????:wacko:

Cheers, Ali x

Guest Working to fish

I have lived with a complex for a long time but never lived on one :wacko:lmao

With complex living you can still get a 6 to 12 month let ,they are not all geared to holiday lets only.

eddie:yes:

We are soon to be moving to the Gold Coast in November and have been looking at rental properties on the net. Can any one advise us whether the properties in complexes are residential or more for short term / holiday makers.

I`m also going to be working in the Gold Coast Hospital - is there anyone else out there that could tell me what it`s like ????:wacko:

Cheers, Ali x

hiya, our friends have got one for 6 months, but from what they say there is a LOT of rules and reg's to abide to, so they will be moving very soon i think!! so just be careful to read the small print!!

sheena :wubclub:

We rented on a complex when we came out years ago, I really enjoyed it but it wasn't quite completed so there were only a few of us so we all got to know each other. We rented a Duplex (similar to semi detached but the joining walls were garages). It would depend on the type of housing as there as different types of complexes out there.

The complex's are a great idea if you have kids as most have their own ammenties and are gated ,so abit safer,however as Sheena says ,some do have lots of do's and dont's,even silly things like no sign written vehicles(which is hard for some people with company vehicles).If you sign up for 6 mth or less at least your not forced to stay and it gives you a great oppurtunity to look around for an area you like.

I have just relocated a nurse ,she starts at Gold Coast ,Southport campus on Monday ,she says the staff and seniors she has met so far are really nice although things do look very different from the uk in the ward she will be working (special care babys).

Good luck with everything

Cal x

Hi Ali.

My brother has lived in Robina for about 18 months on The Glades complex. It has shared pool, gym, etc which is great. They rented to start and now have bought in the same place. However they are ready to move away from here as they are not using the facilities as much as they thought and are paying quite a lot of money for the maintenance. They love the area though. Perfect to get them started and for the kids to meet other kids in a safe gated area. I think now that they've found their feet they are ready to move out.

My sister in law works in a hospital in Robina. Not sure if this is the Gold Coast Hospital though. Probably not. She really likes it and the pay seems reasonable (she's a ward clerk). Plus they are short so she works on some kind of flexi time thing, as and when she can.

They (not my brother and his wife!!!!) are building a great big new hospital on the Gold Coast which is meant to be fab when it's finished.

Anyway, what's right for them isn't necessarily right for everyone, but I thought I would fill you in!

Good luck,

Kate

Guest The Baggo's

We rented a townhouse in a complex when we first arrived. We found it great for the gym / pool etc. and i got chatting to people around the pool which was really nice. We always knew it would be a short term let as we wanted our own house so we only stayed there 4 months. I personally think complexes are great for when you first arrive but I wouldn't want to live in one permanently.

Guest mollyflanders

We live in a complex and have it for 18 months, I like it and have had no rules imposed on me, but as I rent from the owner he is happy for us to make any inprovements eg, painting inside, and laying a patio at the back. Maintenence of the outside of building and repairs the owner deals with, the grounds pool etc is all well maintained. Had no problems at all

• 2 weeks later...
Guest deb31deb

Hi Cal

I have just excepted job gold coast special care could you put me in touch with the girl you have just helped relocate there may thanks

DEB

Archived