Sunshine Coast or Gold Coast - Where is better to live???

cartertucker

Hi Kelly,

Sorry to have taken a while to get back to you but have been speaking to shipping companies all morning :goofy:scary...anyway, yes, just different personalities I guess.

My 10 year old loves theme parks, arcades etc so was mesmerised by Surfers Paradise but the rest of us loved the relative calm of the sunshine Coast.

However, its not too far to travel from one to the other for long weekends.

As someone else pointed out earlier..it probably is an age thing....we are all for a quiet life.

However, both are wonderful and if we are unable to find work, we wouldn't hesitate to try the Gold Coast.

I think you just need to follow your heart. We went for a last minute reccie in July and just fell in love with Coolum but agreed, as a family, Maroochydore would suit all of our needs (large shopping centre, cinema etc),

Good luck

Debby & boys

Hi Kelly,

Sorry to have taken a while to get back to you but have been speaking to shipping companies all morning :goofy:scary...anyway, yes, just different personalities I guess.

My 10 year old loves theme parks, arcades etc so was mesmerised by Surfers Paradise but the rest of us loved the relative calm of the sunshine Coast.

However, its not too far to travel from one to the other for long weekends.

As someone else pointed out earlier..it probably is an age thing....we are all for a quiet life.

However, both are wonderful and if we are unable to find work, we wouldn't hesitate to try the Gold Coast.

I think you just need to follow your heart. We went for a last minute reccie in July and just fell in love with Coolum but agreed, as a family, Maroochydore would suit all of our needs (large shopping centre, cinema etc),

Good luck

Debby & boys

Hi Debby & Family,

Thanks again for your post, it great to hear from other families, I think our reccie is going to have to be when we get there, we are gonna have to rent & then take a look around!

Would have preffered to have a reccie a year or so before hand, but money wise, we thought that we'd rather spend that on taking our dogs with us (we have 2!)

Good Luck to you,

& thanks again,

Kelly.:smile:

You don't need to be living amongst high rises to live on the Gold Coast. The GC is huge and there are many, many suburbs to choose from.

It's real spensive to live near the beach. Just a plot of waterfront land here sells for millions of dollars!

Hi again,

Im so realising that now...over the weekend I have been 'googling' different suburbs in the gold/sunshine coast & also looking on a detailed map I have & its amazing how many suburbs there are...In fact its actually been giving me a headache knowing where to start! :wacko:

One thing I do know is that I certainly wont be able to afford the waterfront properties! $$$$$$$$$$ :swoon:

Thanks again for your help,

Kelly :0)

P.S I will be ordering one of your Dvd's on Friday! ;0)

Don;t know the Goldcoast that well, as for the Sunshinecoast... it’ prob been said before, great beaches, warm weather, although very wet, natural beauty, national parks, sporting facilities, fantastic for people with young kids and with a job earning, no where better….. ‘Sunshine Coast Living’ as all the ads and estate agents say LOL Quote: “It has never been easier to own your little piece of paradise…” Unquote.

A typical ‘Lifestyle Region’ which is great for all the old farts like me looking for a ‘seachange’ whatever that is, retired people moving in and opening holistic therapy shops and joining reiki groups.. It’s said most teenagers can’t wait to move out, more than average number of kids leaving school early, high unemployment, high number of people living on benefits, housing affordability dire, public transport dire, teach your kids to surf asap or they’ll spend their days hanging around the Sunshine Plaza. So I can’t wait to move there and but don’t think the two eldest will thank me, or maybe not for a while.

Don;t know the Goldcoast that well, as for the Sunshinecoast... it’ prob been said before, great beaches, warm weather, although very wet, natural beauty, national parks, sporting facilities, fantastic for people with young kids and with a job earning, no where better….. ‘Sunshine Coast Living’ as all the ads and estate agents say LOL Quote: “It has never been easier to own your little piece of paradise…” Unquote.

A typical ‘Lifestyle Region’ which is great for all the old farts like me looking for a ‘seachange’ whatever that is, retired people moving in and opening holistic therapy shops and joining reiki groups.. It’s said most teenagers can’t wait to move out, more than average number of kids leaving school early, high unemployment, high number of people living on benefits, housing affordability dire, public transport dire, teach your kids to surf asap or they’ll spend their days hanging around the Sunshine Plaza. So I can’t wait to move there and but don’t think the two eldest will thank me, or maybe not for a while.

Hi there & thankyou so much for your post...:yes:

Your post has been real food for thought.

I must say that I am soooo glad I started this thread, I have had my eyes opened on quite a few things, I realise that I wont truly know where we will be happiest until we get over there, but at the moment, I really cant say that its 'Sunshine Coast' for us just yet? Im swaying toward the 'Gold Coast' I gotta admit.....

But still alot more research to do & im obviously gonna get the hubby & eldest son in on the research & see what their views are...(trouble is, as soon as I show them my hundreds of 'favourites' saved on Australia, they run a mile...:arghh: I wish I could have one decent site that tells me it all!!!)

Thanks again,

Guest Angie*mark

I was torn between Melbourne and Brisbane and after reading this thread im getting rather taken aback by the sunshine coast, it sounds just like me and what im after, all i got to do now is find a certain area to really get the buzz that i got from all my Melbourne research.

Angie xx

I was torn between Melbourne and Brisbane and after reading this thread im getting rather taken aback by the sunshine coast, it sounds just like me and what im after, all i got to do now is find a certain area to really get the buzz that i got from all my Melbourne research.

Angie xx

LOL...decisions,decisions....:jiggy:I know how your feeling! But I look on the bright side & think, hey, we are so lucky to have soooo much choice, its great!

I must admit, choosing a state was the easiest part for me, I knew from early on it was going to be Queensland, but then you start realising just how many suburbs there are to each part....Its mind bogling!

I have read a few of your posts before about not knowing if to go for Melbourne or Brisbane, its your hubby that wants Brisbane isnt it & you want Melbourne? I think the best thing you can do is write a list of the things that you want & need out of an area & then see which place ticks the most boxes...and I mean literally do the list, on paper, cos in your head would give you a headache! But mayby not tonight, cos its Prison Break!!! :yes: LOL

Guest Angie*mark

Hey yea thats me, i want Melbourne and Marks wants brisbane, but i think i might actually have choosen .........and it's looking like mark will be a very happy man ......phew at long last LOL. I will have to look into abit more as i said the areas but so far so good. And u are sooooo right about tonight, im doing nowt as got to get my fix of prison break.

Hey yea thats me, i want Melbourne and Marks wants brisbane, but i think i might actually have choosen .........and it's looking like mark will be a very happy man ......phew at long last LOL. I will have to look into abit more as i said the areas but so far so good. And u are sooooo right about tonight, im doing nowt as got to get my fix of prison break.

Well thats great news....! :yes:

I shall look forward to keeping in touch with you, we can compare notes on our research!

This thread has been great & I hope that more people post on here, as to hear about what others have found/think is really interesting & has really given me alot of help.

(As for tonight, I shall be sat with my vodka&redbull, relaxing & gripped for the next installment....Its a ritual!!! LOL :twitcy:)

Guest Angie*mark

Sounds good, although iam actually crap at research so might need a good nudge in the right direction LOL.

Enjoy prison break tonight, i know i certainly will lol.

Catch u soon,

Angie xx

Guest its greg

hi we arrived 3 months ago and living about a hour from the Gold Coast. Once i started work i got to travel about and talk to people. So far the worst place is surfers. The further you move down the coast towards NSW the better it gets. We are also looking at the sunshine coast,but there is not alot of work and the wages would not be as good. Greg

hi we arrived 3 months ago and living about a hour from the Gold Coast. Once i started work i got to travel about and talk to people. So far the worst place is surfers. The further you move down the coast towards NSW the better it gets. We are also looking at the sunshine coast,but there is not alot of work and the wages would not be as good. Greg

Hi & thankyou for your post.

Its very interesting you say that the closer you get to NSW the better it gets...Where are you located now? & if you dont mind me asking, why are you looking to relocate?

Kelly.:smile:

Archived