South African Pom's

Guest Phantom

Guest Sunsh1ne

Welcome back - I'm in Oz if you recall - if you need any assistance give me a shout. We went through an agent for our application and I'm glad we did because ours was a bit tricky and they gave good advice however if yours is standard, as long as you follow the guidelines and provide everything required in an ordered format you should be fine.

Let the journey begin ...

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mike&lou

Hi been reading the post and by the sound of things we all in almost the same boat.

I have gone through everything already, got my uk passport and have gone through vetasses, from start to finish the whole process took 19 months and cost about £4000 this includes all the fees clearance and agent fees.

If i had to do it again i would not use an agent as the process is easy enough without, and there is a host of info on www.immi.gov.au.

If you have a uk passport you do not need to do the ielts, but if you dont then you will need to score at least 6 in all the modules of the ielts, there is a few of them around and are easily found on the net.

My wife and got WA SS a coupls of weeks ago, we are leaving on the 19th of sept and will be traveling through thailand,indonesia and australia before settiling in or around perth wel be traveling for about 4 months,cant wait.

I really wish you all the best of luck.

If i can hepl anyone at all drop me a msg and il get back to you.:smile:

Guest Phantom

Hi Mike&Lou

Congrats on getting everything all sorted. I am just starting and was wondering if I should go through an agent, as My wife is from Slovakia so Don't know if there is a special ting we need to do. So we where considering of payig out that small fortune for one, But still thinking about it, as I also don't know how to write my refferences for my past jobs, as I read that they got to be in detail? even the tools we used? So I was hoping if I went through an agent they will help me with that, or maybe even have an example of one I could maniplualte to fall in with what I have done.?

So confusing.

Anyways, ye would apreciate your thoughts of what I should do, I still am not to sure what to do first. and if I must go through vetasses or TRA, as I was hoping to go under as a electrician special class? but sounds I may have to go through vetasses, just that that test thing I have to do here in the UK sounds scary as well. like a nother apprenticeship test.:(

AAAGGHHH !!!!!

We where thinking about setteling near Brisbane as we have a friend there, but I hear that it is easier to get the wire regs in Adelaide first ? then transfer it to the area you want to go to ?

k chow for now

Terry

• 1 month later...
Guest Phantom

Well we, have now signed up with an agent and paid our first £570 (third of total)

So no we busy tryign to get info from past work places and getting it to paper.

One thing that was asked, was if I had any children, so i said yes, a son that I have not seen in 11 years, i saw him last when he was 5 months and don't know where he is now, tried getting in touch but the mothere is making it to difficult, anyways agent says I will need him to have medicals done,..WHAT !!! now how the heck will that be possible, even if i do find him, the mother will never allow it as she will think I am trying to take him with me (she is that duff) so it will be impossible.

So i thought of cancel with that agent, and signing up with a nother agent, and say I have no kids.

what you think ? i need advice. or ...the agent said if i can just prove i have been looking for him but can not find him that might be ok.......but what if i do find him by accident? then what as i know i won;t get the medicals done. my son and ''her'' are in south africa and i am here in the UK.

What must I do ? will OZ find out if i have a son if i say I have not ?

thanks in advance.

Guest VickyMel

I think I saw something on another thread where a mother would not allow the father (who was moving to Oz) to take their son (in her custody and not going to Oz) for a medical. I think he was able to do a statutory declaration to show that he could not get the medical done and he had no intention of taking his son to Australia...

Maybe do a search and see if you can find it - it was not long ago last month I think.

Guest Phantom

Thank you VickyMel.

That makes me feel a little better, I will try and search for that, what you mentioned.

Regards and Thank you

Guest Phantom
No South Frican poms we are the Lions grrrrrrrr lol

What are you on about ? No South frican poms ? are you ok ?:huh:

Where are the lions :wideeyed:

Archived