Any Midland Meets Booked?????

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hi martin, soz havent been on for a few days had my murderd friends funeral.

anyway are you thinking afternoon early evening or night and what you think adults only or both or does that depend on the venue.

if its early evening or night time 6th december better for us as 13th out at night with all our neighbours (xmas party)

tracy and john

Guest The Hoys hoping.........
Hi all,

Lets try and nail a date for the meet then. We previously mentioned either the 6th or 13th December. Can everyone still interested in the meet please post a reply with your preferred choice of the two dates. If you can't make either, please post your preferred alternative date. I think the way forward is to go with the date the majority can make/prefer.

Hi Everyone,

We would like to join you all for the meet. We are can do either date at the moment!

There will be me, hubby and two kids 10 & 7 :spinny:

Guest paul n kath

hey tracey & John,

sorry to hear you had a pretty sad week hope all went well with the funeral ( stupid thing to say I know) thinking of you all.

Can do either date will be paul, me and the two boys.

If theres anything we can do to help just Yell...........

X

Hi' date='

We're up for the meet too and might bring some friends who are heading to Brisbane early next year.

We're off to Perth on a 475 (when we get it & sell the house)

Eamonn & Den where have WA specified you live ?[/quote']

Hi

We put Perth Metro Region on our sponsorship form, but not too sure which suburb yet - I'm making a list of area's that people on here have said are quite nice.

How about you - wherabouts are you moving to?

Den x

Any place in particular we're looking at going to?

Hi, we we're talking about maybe tamworth snowdome but I think we should see how many peeps show interest over the next week or so, then see where everyones travelling from, try to arrange a more central location and then look at venue options from there. What do you think?

Guest Darwin's coming too
Hi

We put Perth Metro Region on our sponsorship form, but not too sure which suburb yet - I'm making a list of area's that people on here have said are quite nice.

How about you - wherabouts are you moving to?

Den x

Hi Den,

WA specified Great Southern & Peel regions for us as a condition of sponsorship so we've settled on Mandurah in Peel area which is about 70km south of Perth.

hi martin and all

good idea to see how many interested, dont mind any suggestions woud be welcomed. Just thought tamworth snowdome would be good for adults and kids as loads to do for the kids while the adults sit in the bar. Or us big kids could join in the fun too. Ice skating tabbogganing and all that.

Im even more excited about going to OZ today as just spent the weekend with my cousin who's over from the gold coast she's been there 27years.

She came on thrsday and by saturday felt homesick for OZ that says it all

tracy

hi martin and all

good idea to see how many interested, dont mind any suggestions woud be welcomed. Just thought tamworth snowdome would be good for adults and kids as loads to do for the kids while the adults sit in the bar. Or us big kids could join in the fun too. Ice skating tabbogganing and all that.

Im even more excited about going to OZ today as just spent the weekend with my cousin who's over from the gold coast she's been there 27years.

tracy

Sounds good to us Tracy. Nice to hear that your cousin is homesick for Oz :spinny: Good to hear it from the other point of view!! haha SO EXCITED!!!!!!

hi martin and all

tracy

Hi Tracy & John,

As Jamland said, it's good to get another point of view regarding uk vs aus.

We just wandered, did your cousin manage to help your case for moving to aus with your daughter? can't have done it any harm i guess.

Tamworth snowdome is still the best idea we've got so far, we've never been and would love to go but i don't know how we go about booking a large group without knowing exactly how many peeps will be able to attend until probably a day or two before, especially coming up to chrimbo? any ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I managed to pop into the Snowdome yesterday. I told them that we have peeps with kids aged 3 -18years old attending and they said that a Sunday would be the best option for us with there being something for us all. I've copy/pasted some info on activities below although there is more to do there if you look at their website.

SnowDome - Snow, Ice & Leisure Tamworth

We previously mentioned either: Sat 6th, Sun 7th Sat 13th or Sun 14th December. Shall we go for Sunday 7th December to get things moving? Say meet there at 11:30-12:00? If everyone is happy with this I’ll give out my mobile number (via pm) to those who can attend so we don’t miss people like at the Sutton Park meet.

Regards

Martin

Tiny Tubing - Children Aged 3-7 years

Tiny Tubing for tiny people! Young children can enjoy the excitement of tubing on real snow. Its 30 minutes of guaranteed fun, sliding down the slope in specifically designed mini tubes. Tiny Tubing is unique to the SnowDome and takes place on the Snow Academy – one of the separate nursery slopes.

Available at select times, please phone for details. ONLY £5.50 per child

Spectators are very welcome in the Snow Academy area but please bring warm clothes as the viewing area is cold. It is recommended that sessions are pre-booked to avoid disappointment.

FOR INFORMATION & BOOKINGS CALL 08448 000 011

Junior Tubing - Children aged 7-12 years

Thrills and spills all the way for children with a 30 minute session of real snow action on the main slope! Speed and spin down the slope in specially designed inflatable ‘junior’ tubes. Spectators can enjoy fantastic views from Aspens Bar or the Balcony.

Available at select times, please phone for details. ONLY £6.50 per child

Please remember to arrive early for a safety brief. It is recommended that sessions are pre-booked to avoid disappointment.

Adrenalin Tubing - Adults & Children aged 12 years+

Certainly not for the faint hearted… hold on tight for the fastest and most exhilarating experience on real snow – hurtling down the slope in specially designed inflatable tubes! Enjoy 30 minutes of thrilling head to head racing for the ride of your life. Spectators can enjoy fantastic views from Aspens Bar or the Balcony. There’s nothing else like it, they’re fast, they’ve no brakes and they spin! Are you ready?

ONLY £8.50 per person

Sat

6.15pm – 9.15pm

School & bank holidays

12:30pm-1:30pm & 6.45pm – 7.45pm

Extra sessions may also be available during school holidays, please phone for details.

Please note that Adrenalin Tubing is not suitable for persons who have heart conditions, back or neck conditions, a nervous disposition, vertigo or customers who are pregnant. Some sessions may be designated to Junior Tubing, please phone for details.

Please remember to arrive early for a safety brief. It is recommended that sessions are pre-booked to avoid disappointment.

Snowplay - Children aged 2+ and Adults

The UK’s only dedicated Children’s Snowplay area, covered in real snow all year round, offers a whole new world of fun! Children and their parents can play around in the snow, slide around on the real snow slides, play hide and seek in the igloo and enjoy a game of snowballs. It’s a great place to visit for a truly unique family outing.

The Children’s Snowplay area is located in the Snow & Ice Arena accessed via the skate hire lodge. Spectators can enjoy the warmth of the log cabin, views from the veranda or relax in the Starbucks Coffee lounge overlooking the snowplay area.

Polar Cubs

30 minute session for children aged 4yrs & under.

Polar Cubs is designed for the younger age group. Parents and guardians may assist their child on the snow free of charge.

ONLY £5.50 per child

Saturday & Sunday

11.15am

School & bank holidays

11.15am

Polar Families

30 minute session for children of all ages plus their parents/guardians.

The whole family can slide about and join in with a snowball or two. Timeless fun for all.

ONLY £5.50 per child & £5.50 per adult

Saturday & Sunday

12 noon-8pm

School and bank holidays

12 noon-8pm

It is recommended that sessions are pre-booked to avoid disappointment. Please note that session times may vary from those advertised, please telephone before travelling.

FORINFORMATION & BOOKINGSCALL 08448 000 011

Junior Sledging - Children Aged 3-7 years

This is fun, fun, fun and designed especially for younger children. Junior Sledging takes place on one of the separate snow academy slopes where children can enjoy 30 minutes of sledging fun, on real snow in a safe and enclosed environment. All sledges are lightweight and can be easily carried by the child. See their faces light up with joy, it’s so much fun they will never forget it!

Available everyday at select times, please phone for details.

ONLY £5.50 per child

The Snow Academy is also available for private hire, for up to 30 children, for just £110.

Spectators are very welcome in the Snow Academy area but please bring warm clothes as the viewing area is cold. It is recommended that sessions are pre-booked to avoid disappointment.

FOR INFORMATION & BOOKINGS CALL 08448 000011

Ice Skating - NOWwith the UK’s only Ice Track!

The SnowDome offers the ultimate ice skating experience! The UK’s only ice track surrounds the existing ice skating rink making the total skating area more than double the original size! The 250 metre ice track, complete with a ‘mini rink’ for first timers provides a new dimension in skating fun for all the family!

The skate hire Lodge and ice track entrance amenity areas offer a warm and pleasant environment in which to collect your skates and get changed before heading out onto the ice for some real family fun!

As ever skate hire is provided free of charge and your shoes will be looked after while you are out on the ice. Spectators can enjoy views from the Lodge or find great views from the new Starbucks Coffee overlooking the Ice Track.

There are many different skating sessions on offer to suit all ages and abilities, from open practice to discount sessions and special family evenings to teenage club nights.

Ice Skating Timetable

Saturday

Open Practice

12noon-4pm

£6.50 per person (1hr)

Families Session

4:30pm-6:30pm

£7.50 per person or £22 for 2 adults & 2 children (2hrs)

Open Practice

7pm-8pm

£6.50 per person (1hr)

Saturday Ice Fever

8:30pm-10:30pm

£7.50 per person (2hrs)

Sunday

Skate Club

10:45am-11:30am

£7 per person (45mins)

Open Practice

12noon-4pm

£6.50 per person (1hr)

Discount Sessions

7:30pm-9:30pm

£7.50 per person (2hrs)

It is recommended that all sessions are pre-booked to avoid disappointment. During school holidays mid-week discount sessions are available from 12noon onwards. Session times, prices and availability may be subject to change, please telephone before travelling. Please note that the ice track and mini rink will not be avilable from mid November to early January due to Santa’s Winter Wonderland.

FORINFORMATION & BOOKINGSCALL 08448 000011

Santa’s Winter Wonderland 28th November – 31st December

Santa’s Winter Wonderland featuring the one and only Sooty!!!! On Sunday 13th December there are Winter Wonderland shows at roughly 30min intervals from10am onwards and they last 1 ½ Hrs.

The Santa Winter Wonderland Booking Number is 08704 581 458

There is also Tobogganing but I could not find any details for it on the site.

P.S

Surely such a big post deserves a little clicking of the reputation button lol

Archived