General Brisbane Bank Help

Guest HelenaBooth

Guest HelenaBooth

Hello!

I know people have probably asked like a trillion times before.

But we fly out on the 15th Sept to Brisbane. (OMG!)

We want to set up a bank account within the first few days of arriving.

We have no idea which bank to go for, we have had a look on line and a lot seem to make excessive charges just for using your card.

Please can anyone advise on what they did, want banks etc, and how to get the most out of them?

Also do you just walk in with passport and a smile?! Hehe

THANK YOU:wubclub:

Xx xX

we have just applied to westpac bank. One of the top 4 in oz as trhey would have the most ATM's

I have checked their charges out and as long as you use their atms, it's all free except the monthly charge for having an account with them. Cheques, d/d's s/o etc are all free as well. I just subnitted form on net and an account will be set up in the next 15 days. Whe you get there., walk in with passport and bob's your uncle.

You can transfer money ready for your new life in bris.......

Good luck and c u there!!

jules x

Guest Sam&Si

Hiya Helena,

We're with Westpac as well. Jules is right, it's Easy peasy lemon squeezy, one form online and then we got the paperwork in less than a week, so you've still got time to do it now if you need to. You've got to validate it within 90 days and passport is enough for ID. Think the Commonwealth Bank is also pretty good and if you search the Johatts posts they are with one that doesn't charge any fees but you can't open one until you're physically there. Can't remember the name of it but maybe pm them?

All the best

Archived