mechanics (any jobsites available for Brisbane)

Guest CATH1974

Guest CATH1974

Hi we are moving to Brisbane (Browns Plains) in Jul/Aug07. My husband will be looking for jobs are there any websites that might help us

thanks

Cath

Hiya have you looked at seek.com as that is one of the main job sites,from our experience a good mechanic will find work easy but we found that you didnt get much response from companys till you actually got here.We e-mailed alot of garages etc and got very little response so on arriving in Oz the hubby drove round quite afew garages and ended with a choice of where to work , hope this is of help ,

Cal x

Guest CATH1974

Thanks for all the info Cal? Are you already in Brisbane?

I thought all the paperwork and trawling through the internet was done after getting our visas, now am back on computer most nights trying to find out more info. (I do watch Coronation Street first though!)

thanks Cath

Guest itchyfeet
Hi we are moving to Brisbane (Browns Plains) in Jul/Aug07. My husband will be looking for jobs are there any websites that might help us

thanks

Cath

Hi Cath I look on SEEK - Australia's no. 1 jobs, employment, career and recruitment site

Jobs, Employment & Careers @ My Career

Job Search - Australian jobs - Job listing - Find a job - CareerOne

A lot of employers arn't really intrested until your in Australia but I wouldn't let it stop you applying.

Your right Cath ,just when you think you can relax abit ,something else comes along ! yes we are in Brisbane arrived early November hubby was offered a job when we made a visit here in March but unfortunately when it came to us actuaaly moving out ,2weeks before to be precise ,the employer emailed to say he hadnt the hours ,hubby managed to talk him into a few days work per week but after 2 week Gary didnt like it for one reason and another so went off around other companys ,word gets around very quickly that theres anew pom on the block looking for work ,if you can talk the job there are jobs there ,but as said amillion times before on this site you aim at the bottom and work up slowly ,hope this helps

Cal x

p.s why did you mention corrie ,i was ok till then now having withdrawal symptons as tv here is soooooo bad !!!!

• 6 months later...
Guest pete jackson

this is an old thread but are you still looking for work at a mechanic? You like close to where I work and there is a job going, get in touch if you are intrested, Pete

Archived