Shipping Brisbane to UK

joetrac

For all those people who are thinking/making the move back.I have had 3 container people out and was quoted for a sole use 20ft container with a door to door service.

King and Wilson:$9199

Oceansky:$7686.

OSS:$6955

All of them seemed professional and it was much the same routine as when we were coming over but I liked Oceansky the most.I am going to see if they will match our cheapest quote.

All companys charge3.5% insurance but I have found a UK company called Letton Percival who will insurance our container for 1.6%.They forms are completed via Email and you just deposit the money into the account in the UK.

All in all It looks like an easy process.

Thought I would post this info incase it helps someone.

Guest beermeister
King and Wilson:$9199

Oceansky:$7686.

OSS:$6955

Maybe they've changed, but I used OSS many years ago and they were absolutely awful and I can only describe what they did to us as extortion. I ended up taking them through the small claims courts who found in our favour and ordered them to pay us back the ransom money.

Maybe they've changed, but I used OSS many years ago and they were absolutely awful and I can only describe what they did to us as extortion. I ended up taking them through the small claims courts who found in our favour and ordered them to pay us back the ransom money.

Thanks for the tip.... Im hoping I can use there price to bring down the others.

Guest YellowGecko

Hey joe

Good thread. Just came on here to start one myself, actually, but now I will use yours..lol.

We are moving Gold Coast to UK and phoned Pickfords a few days ago for a quote. After being put through to several different departments and offices and people, we finally got to speak with someone, who said they would e-mail the following day with the quote. And did they? Heck no! Really disappointed in Pickfords, as they're probably the oldest firm going.

We also used the International Movers - intlmovers.com. International Moving Companies. website to get e-mail quotes from 6 differing companies and so far no one has replied.

Unsure what to do. Does no one want the business??

Interesting also about the Insurance. We will have to enquire about that with the company you mention.

Cheers.

Hi,

We have just had Crown give us a quote for Perth back to Scotland and it was $13000 needless to say don't think we will be using them. That was for sole use of 20ft container with a little being shipped separately but the quote wasn't broken down to allow us to decide what we should perhaps dump. Also should say it also included cleaning the house and insurance but was supposed to be quoted separately....

Do your quotes include packing and unpacking at the other end ?

Also going to get quotes from Chess Removals.

Are those companies Australia wide ?

Thanks

Guest TheBrowningFamily

PLEASE M12, what ever you do DO NOT use Chess, they were absolute rubbish...the packers were miserable and unhelpful with faces like smacked arses, paid no respect to our things at all, we requested and paid for some things to be 'special care' (3 x canvas photos from Venture) whih were wrapped in 1 sheet paper and stuffed randemly into a box marked 'garage, packed by owner!!

Our small lcd tv was shoved in a box with 1 bit of paper and loose ornaments, fragile items chucked in with linen, and all our wooden furniture is dented on the corners and legs broken off as wrapped in 1 sheet bubble wrap!!.....plus much else damaged and poorly packed.

Luckily Bishops Move at this end...who we insisted chess used as agents here (they were so fab on the way out!0 have taken on the case and are dealing with it for us.

Please avoid them, we chose them as they were mid range priced, but matched our cheapest qoute and dropped insurance cost to 1.9%

Yellow gekko: It just http://www.lettonpercival.co.uk

and the forms are so easy to use let me know how you get on.

Hi M12 welcome to PIO the quotes where for packing and Unpacking I know OSS and Oceansky are Brisbane based but Im sure King and Wilson are Oz wide.

Browning Family welcome back...how are you since moving back ...do you feel you have made the right decision or is it too early to say. Would love an update from you for all the soon to be returning crew.

Guest lisaandnick

I know this thread is about containers but would you mind me asking why you are coming home to England after living the life in Oz.

I am curious as my husband and I are in the process of going and my husband is a sparky just wondered if you had problems settling over there as I am quite apprenhensive.

I really want to go but it is so worrying knowing that you have to make it work otherwise it is difficult to get back on the housing market in England.

Lisa

Guest YellowGecko

Thanks joetrac. Letton Percival came up with "Page cannot be displayed" but I've since found it's .co.uk, not .com.. so it's ok.

Think now we might try quotes from all mentioned shipping companies, except Chess.

:unsure:

Hi Lisa..... I'm a UKer and hubby's an Aussie. Only reason we are going back is because we've just had a baby and feel the need to be around family now. Neither of us have family in QLD and there is a lot more money to be made in the TV Industry in London than anywhere in Oz.

If it's what you really want to do, I am sure you will both love living in Australia and home is what you make of it anyway. :smile:

Jo x

Yellow gekko: It just www.lettonpercival.com and the forms are so easy to use let me know how you get on.

Hi M12 welcome to PIO the quotes where for packing and Unpacking I know OSS and Oceansky are Brisbane based but Im sure King and Wilson are Oz wide.

Browning Family welcome back...how are you since moving back ...do you feel you have made the right decision or is it too arly to say. Would love an update from you for all the soon to be returning crew.

Hi joetrac,

Thanks for that, will try King and Wilson also, already got Chess coming to give a quote, and will get Crown to break their quote down to the minute detail and will also try letton percival for the insurance

Guest YellowGecko

Right then, we have a consultant from Grace coming out today to give us a quote, which was nice of them. I requested an at home visit from a few companies on their websites, but Grace were the only ones who afforded us the decency of an appointment, let alone a response.

How come no one else on here complains about removalists just ignoring their quote requests???

Anyway, the companies who have responded (out of about 8!!) are Grace, Chess and Wridgways. Still feel really let down by Pickfords for not even getting back to us, after we had phoned them requesting a quote.

So far Chess have quoted us the cheapest but everyone says they're rubbish on here, so we prolly won't use them.

Gawd this is stressful with a baby to take care of, as well! Just want it to be Christmas and for it all to be over and be back in the land of the living, as John so eloquently put it.

Have phoned Letton Percival and are using their cheap insurance they quoted.

Jo x

Right then, we have a consultant from Grace coming out today to give us a quote, which was nice of them. I requested an at home visit from a few companies on their websites, but Grace were the only ones who afforded us the decency of an appointment, let alone a response.

How come no one else on here complains about removalists just ignoring their quote requests???

Anyway, the companies who have responded (out of about 8!!) are Grace, Chess and Wridgways. Still feel really let down by Pickfords for not even getting back to us, after we had phoned them requesting a quote.

So far Chess have quoted us the cheapest but everyone says they're rubbish on here, so we prolly won't use them.

Gawd this is stressful with a baby to take care of, as well! Just want it to be Christmas and for it all to be over and be back in the land of the living, as John so eloquently put it.

Have phoned Letton Percival and are using their cheap insurance they quoted.

Jo x

Hi Jo

Thats shocking.Have to say all mine called back within 24hrs and came out to house for quote.I didnt have to request this they just mad an appointment.

Got Oceansky down to $7200 ... Although they are $250 dollars more expensive I have decided to go with them...they guy was by far the most professional.

Guest YellowGecko
Hi Jo

Thats shocking.Have to say all mine called back within 24hrs and came out to house for quote.I didnt have to request this they just mad an appointment.

Got Oceansky down to $7200 ... Although they are $250 dollars more expensive I have decided to go with them...they guy was by far the most professional.

LOL.. just my luck! Maybe they just weren't all really ineterested in our business as we're only doing a part move and not a full household of contents.

Any road up, got it all sorted now and a nice lady from Grace came out to us, Friday, to quote us. Very professional, good customer service, as well as friendly and down to earth.

Quoted us a bit higher than we expected but we bartered a bit and got a quote with which we are happy and we don't mind paying just a little extra for the peace of mind we're with a trustworthy company with whom we feel would give good customer service.

8 weeks 'til we go HOME! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :jiggy:

Jo x

Guest YellowGecko

Oh and Pickfords finally emailed us a quote - 2 weeks late - and it was DOUBLE what the others had quoted! LOL!!! Do we look like mugs?? Really!

Needless to say, we didn't even reply to them.

LOL.. just my luck! Maybe they just weren't all really ineterested in our business as we're only doing a part move and not a full household of contents.

Any road up, got it all sorted now and a nice lady from Grace came out to us, Friday, to quote us. Very professional, good customer service, as well as friendly and down to earth.

Quoted us a bit higher than we expected but we bartered a bit and got a quote with which we are happy and we don't mind paying just a little extra for the peace of mind we're with a trustworthy company with whom we feel would give good customer service.

8 weeks 'til we go HOME! WEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :jiggy:

Jo x

Glad its all sorted ...8 weeks how exciting...I was going home in 6 but due to another balls up with the house its now 11...still all exciting and icing on the cake is hubby has Job offer in UK ....found out last night...cried tears of joy ...looks like everything is falling into place for us.

Good Luck Jox

Guest YellowGecko
Glad its all sorted ...8 weeks how exciting...I was going home in 6 but due to another balls up with the house its now 11...still all exciting and icing on the cake is hubby has Job offer in UK ....found out last night...cried tears of joy ...looks like everything is falling into place for us.

Good Luck Jox

That's fantastic news about the job awaiting your hubby, one less thing to have to worry about.

It's only just hit me very recently just how homesick I am now. My 18 mths in Oz have been jam packed, as I got engaged, then married, then pregnant and had our beautiful baby girl... it's all been go go go!

Now it is time to go home.

And to take my new family with me.

Cannot come soon enough!

Good luck to you guys, too. Although it sounds like luck has just come your way.

Jo x

That's fantastic news about the job awaiting your hubby, one less thing to have to worry about.

It's only just hit me very recently just how homesick I am now. My 18 mths in Oz have been jam packed, as I got engaged, then married, then pregnant and had our beautiful baby girl... it's all been go go go!

Now it is time to go home.

And to take my new family with me.

Cannot come soon enough!

Good luck to you guys, too. Although it sounds like luck has just come your way.

Jo x

My goodness your 18 months have been VERY busy :twitcy:

Bet you cant wait to show your little bundle of Joy off.Thats the main reason Im off home so my family can share the love of my daughter...oh and help out on the babysitting front .

Guest YellowGecko
My goodness your 18 months have been VERY busy :twitcy:

Bet you cant wait to show your little bundle of Joy off.Thats the main reason Im off home so my family can share the love of my daughter...oh and help out on the babysitting front .

Ditto! :twitcy:

Well, our daughter's my parents only grandchild, whom they dote on.. or would.. if they had her in their lives. they were over for the birth though, so have met her at least.

Yeah I am looking forward to showing off my new family to friends and family when we get over there.

Where do you hail from anyway?

Guest harry2

we are moving from melbourn back to uk anyone had any quotes ,we e mailed a couple of movers but not yet got back to us , also has anyone had to go back because there visa expired and was to old 57yrs to get another visa and left any of there teenager kids there as they dont want to come back to uk lived in oz for 5yrs thanks

Archived