TRA? Whats it for?

Baldyin38

Ok, we have to jump through hoops for TRA to be recognised so our skills can get us in. Australia doesnt want just any one who says they can do something..they need to know they can and quite rightly so.

But why doesnt industry in Australia recognise TRA?

Our efforts and to proove to TRA taht we are what we say we are are simply to no availe when it comes to applying for jobs when your over here. You have to start again what probably took months to do at home and cost us hundreds of pounds as well.

There has to be some kind of communication with TRA and Australian industry!!!:arghh:

Ok, we have to jump through hoops for TRA to be recognised so our skills can get us in. Australia doesnt want just any one who says they can do something..they need to know they can and quite rightly so.

But why doesnt industry in Australia recognise TRA?

Our efforts and to proove to TRA taht we are what we say we are are simply to no availe when it comes to applying for jobs when your over here. You have to start again what probably took months to do at home and cost us hundreds of pounds as well.

There has to be some kind of communication with TRA and Australian industry!!!:arghh:

Hi what is your trade?

Hi folks..My own trade is a Painter and Decorator..but i am also a lecturer in the trade and in Health and safety. The later 2 they will not recognise the british certification which basically means i have to redo the training. Mainly the cert 4 and H&S under the Diploma. They were recognised by TRA which allowed the Perth Government to sponsor me...but not recognised by industry over here. Frustrating!

Guest Redaussies
Hi folks..My own trade is a Painter and Decorator..but i am also a lecturer in the trade and in Health and safety. The later 2 they will not recognise the british certification which basically means i have to redo the training. Mainly the cert 4 and H&S under the Diploma. They were recognised by TRA which allowed the Perth Government to sponsor me...but not recognised by industry over here. Frustrating!

I owned a hotel and had to deal with a fanatic in the UK on H & S. The guy had no personality, no interest in life, was a batchelor in his fifties and had nothing other than his job, it was quite sad. I think he sharpened our minds up to H & S like you can't imagine, as he would arrive unannounced for an inspection. Even if he walked in on a lunchtime for a glass of orange juice you kind of knew he was watching or looking for something. With a 50 bed hotel often full, I fully understood the ned to have excellent H & S in place at all times.

Here for me this is one area I have seen where I notice Australia is a mile behind Britain. I have been in a few bars with electrical wires showing, and also many shops where accidents are waiting to happen. Staff stretching on a little two step ladder by a window etc., I believe Britain has gone too far in terms of the demands on business people to pay for H & S themselves, it can be crippling for some small businesses, but I do think here there is need for them to improve greatly for everyone's safety without going to the extreme of the UK. More qualified training people needed I think, so your point is a very valid and worthwhile one.

Archived