mark78

Car sales - online links

The major sites when looking online for a car are..

http://www.carsales.com.au

http://www.carsguide.com.au

(allows you to sell your car for free)

http://www.carpoint.com.au

http://www.drive.com.au

Note: Expect to pay double the price for the same car in Oz, than what you would pay in the UK. This is because of high taxes.

On a sunny side though, petrol in oz is about 3x times cheaper than in the UK.

Moneycorp

Moneycorp

Guest Mel & Ed

Hi mark78

Does the double price apply to motorbikes also??

thanks

mel..

Guest ironmaggi

Apologies Mark - I know you've answered this one a few months ago but unfortunately that job didn't come through, we didn't think we were going to Oz so I didn't keep it....another one has and all is in motion again! Anyway - we have 2 cars bought from new in 03 and 05 worth [new!] £10,000 and £18,000 respectively. I can't find the same model in Oz and I can't work out if it's worth taking one [as the cars are so expensive there] or both or neither! the carshipping site needs the Oz model and keeps crashing too! Help!

Guest Heathertoes

Thanks for posting those links Mark - I'm sure hubby will have hours of fun looking through them - hmm - so maybe 'thanks' might not be quite right :wink:

Guest ironmaggi

Thanks Mark - that tells me about selling - I'm more interested in whether to import or buy "new". As for the double price - do you mean $ to £? I've tracked down a Nissan 4x4 X-trail [that they seem to have UK and Oz] and it's cheaper in Oz $31,000 than UK £16,000 = $38,000 [roughly]

Thanks Mark - that tells me about selling - I'm more interested in whether to import or buy "new". As for the double price - do you mean $ to £? I've tracked down a Nissan 4x4 X-trail [that they seem to have UK and Oz] and it's cheaper in Oz $31,000 than UK £16,000 = $38,000 [roughly]

Sorry, I've just come across your post.

Generally, European models are more expensive in oz, due to obvious shipping costs. Also cars over $48K (I think it is) unfortunately attract "luxury car tax". You won't see as many european cars in oz for this reason. Home made Holdens/Fords/Mitsibishi and asian cars are more common.

Guest bob and ginnie

In South Australia, it pays to check out the Government auction site and check on the prices paid for a near new vehicle, mostly still with factory warranty on them.

http://www.auctions.sa.gov.au

For second hand cars see the below site:

Cars for sale ,

Edited by snifter
    fb link

@inozwriter

This is a 10 year old thread where most of the members accounts have been closed. I've closed this thread as its so old. Please check the date of the thread before posting to make sure its not so ancient. Also FB links etc are not allowed on the forum.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Ozzie
        Fairly (ok very) unknowledgeable about car leases. However, if you were only planning on being in Australia for a reasonably short time ie: two years, would it be better to lease a car rather than buy? Our friends are moving out next year (with a plan to only stay for two - long story). They don't have the funds to buy a car and don't really want to take out a loan for a car and then have the hassle of having to sell it only a few short years down the track.
        I said I would ask on here - any knowledgeable folk able to enlighten?
      • By Kylier
          Fantastic Above Market Remuneration Package + Uncapped bonus + Vehicle   Career Opportunity with the Leading Central West NSW Solar Company   Mudgee Lifestyle Location – Fun and friendly Team seeks Passionate BDM   We are looking for a self-motivated Sales professional who is passionate about renewable energy and would like to represent the leading Solar and Environmentally Sustainable Solutions provider in the Central West NSW region of Australia.

Based in beautiful Mudgee, this varied and exciting role will include travel throughout the region servicing a diverse range of clients including business owners, irrigators, farmers and householders.
        You will be responsible for providing this leading Solar Solutions company's first impression to their existing and prospective customers and then following through with their intelligent system designs. You must be a fabulous communicator with the ability to relate and inspire a diverse cross-section of clients,

Your responsibilities will include:
        Managing and driving in-house and external sales Helping create sales plans to further grow this successful business Boosting the company image through collaborations with customers, government, community organisations, and employees; always enforcing ethical business practices Representing this growing family business at rural field day events, on domestic and residential customer sites (regional NSW) as well as attending conferences (e.g. the Bi-annual Cotton Conference, Gold Coast) and other promotional activities.       
        To win this opportunity you need to:
          Have an insatiable Passion or growing interest in the solar/renewable energy sales industry   Have Energy and Ambition to grow your career and connect with a varied customer base   Be a Fantastic Communicator with a Proven Sales Record   Pride yourself on providing Superior Customer Service, always striving to go the extra mile to identify and provide the benefits and features each customer needs   Be Inquisitive, Motivated and Business Focused   Understand Profit & Loss and have experience creating Sales Plans and Call Schedules   Be Computer Literate   Be an Enthusiastic, Team Player looking to join a Fun and Friendly Team but also thrive working Independently.    
        In return, you will be provided with an ongoing wealth of industry knowledge and an efficient, professional and friendly working environment with a successful and growing, family owned business.

This opportunity offers an attractive Above Market Base Salary with Uncapped Bonus earning potential as well as fuel allowance and a vehicle. 
        To apply for this position please send your full resume to kylie@qpersonnel.com.au

• By ajcooper
        I know most of you advise against this but I want to test the water anyway.  We have a relatively new Captiva that we'd probably consider taking over.  If anyone has done this then I'd appreciate some advice on the following;
        cost to ship and shipping time insurance implications back in England I know I'll need to get the dash change over to MPH and get the MOT done.
        Thanks

• By ruflix
        Hi there. We're moving to Melbourne on 15 July, new employer is helping with relocation and allowed us a 40 foot container which we're hoping we can squeeze our car into along with the rest of the house. I'm not sure if there'll be an extra charge for that, waiting to hear. I'm trying though to get a handle on the other costs and struggling a bit. 
        It's an old but good car, Peugeot 307 SW 56 plate. 94,000 miles. Auto Trader says 1500 quid now, we bought it for just over 5k in 2011. I'll get less if I have to sell it though as we need it till the last minute so I'll be taking it down a used car yard. I've seen that equivalent cars are much more expensive in Australia (circa £4000 / $6500) so we wanted to try to keep it as long as the costs aren't too great to take over. 
        Taxes don't seem too bad as they are based on the value of the car so only 20% or so of the value at say £1500, so £300 or so. But are there other costs I need to be aware of to get it on the road down under, what are they typically? Registration, modification, roadworthy certificate? I know it'll need a steam clean before it goes ...
        Thanks in advance for any advice .... 
      • By simmo
        The car tube?
        http://www.cartube.global