Dental work / Braces??

TheBs

Hi all, 

we are just starting the application process now, but my daughter is also just being fitted for braces which involves having two teeth out and surgery for two impacted teeth to come down, then a predicted three years of treatment 😩 

so all being well we won’t be in the UK for the whole duration of the treatment, How easy is it to continue orthodontic care in Aus? I’m guessing pretty straight forward? 
Anyone experienced this? 
Thanks 😊

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, TheBs said:

so all being well we won’t be in the UK for the whole duration of the treatment, How easy is it to continue orthodontic care in Aus? I’m guessing pretty straight forward? 

Dental work in Australia isn't covered by Medicare.  It is all private, so you will have to pay for it.  You can get private health insurance, but there is usually a waiting period (six months or more) before you can claim for more expensive procedures like orthodontics.   When you first join a health fund, the benefit for orthodontics is often fairly low and it improves the longer you're a member. Not much use to you, I know, since you'll be arriving brand new. 

This article is basically an ad for a cheaper alternative to braces, but it lays out the costs for various kinds of orthodontics fairly well.

https://www.ezsmile.com.au/cost-of-braces-australia/

Edited by Marisawright

1 hour ago, TheBs said:

Hi all, 

we are just starting the application process now, but my daughter is also just being fitted for braces which involves having two teeth out and surgery for two impacted teeth to come down, then a predicted three years of treatment 😩 

Anyone experienced this? 
Thanks 😊

Yes, you can continue the treatment here. However, some clinicians may treat your case differently so they will have to do new records and assessment.  You may not need to remove the existing braces, again it depends on the clinician.  As stated by Marisa orthodontal work is private.  You should also provide your records from your othodontist or dentist in the UK.