Looking to move to Brisbane!!

gemsie&dave

Hi everyone. Have just found and registered with this site, so please be nice!! :)

The wife & I have had enough of the UK and want to find a better life, but there is so much info, where do you start?

Is there anyone in Brisbane who has moved recently from the UK, that can point us in the right direction?

Any help will be much appreciated!!

Many thanks! :D

Hi and welcome to poms in oz

Not in Australia yet hopefully sometime this year . We to are looking at Brisbane particularly the Bayside area {Cleveland or Ormiston} which is about 30 mins south of the city. We were out there in August and absolutely loved it.

Best wishes

kaye :)

Hi Cal, glad to hear its gone so well for you - mega envious at the mo. With so many different types of visas, its baffling already!!

Do we go for a work sponser/ visiting visa???? AAhhhhhhhh!

I've emailed a couple of companies in Brisbane, but so far only 1 has replied. Still looking though.

House is now on the market, and we're selling non essentials, good spring clean!

Oh well back to the grind stone, take care & all the best!

Dave & Gem

Hi Dave and Gem,

We are not in oz yet either but we are flying out to Brisbane 31.01.2007. The house is all but rented we are packing and selling everything we can.

My visa was a sponsored partner visa so unless one of you is an ozzie then you won't be able to use that.

Good luck with it all.

Hi Gem and Dave

We have just sent our TRA off today so fingers crossed for a positive result.

We are using an agent to get over to Australia its been plain sailing so far. We are split into stages we have just finished working with the skills team who have put our skills assesment together. Now we move onto the visa team starting Monday its all beginning to gather pace now. I understand the skills assessment is the hardest bit so hopefully the next stages will be ok.

Godd luck with your move

Kaye :)

I've emailed a couple of companies in Brisbane, but so far only 1 has replied. Still looking though.

WE FOUND NO ONE REALLY TOOK U SERIOUSLY TILL YOU WERE HERE OR READY TO LAND HERE,YOU WERE LUCKY U GOT ONE REPLY WE MUST HAVE EMAILED 20 COMPANYS AND ONLY A COUPLE REPLIED,BUT ONCE HERE MY HUBBY GOT 4 OR 5 JOB OFFERS ,HOLD IN THERE YOULL GET IT .

AS FOR THE TYPE OF VISA YOU MAY BE BETTER HAVING A CHAT WITH AN AGENT WE USED VISA BUREAU AND THEY TOLD US WHICH TO GO FOR DEPENDING ON YOUR CIRCUMSTANCES

HOPE THIS HELPS

CAL X

Guest CATH1974

Hi we just got word back that our visas have been granted, 24/12/06, we aplied on a General Skilled Migration, so all four of us are hoping to migrate in July 07 after the school year has ended, we are hopefully going to Browns Plains in Brisbane we have a couple of friends there other than that we will be alone,(all by ourselves, on our jack jones, no family, alone,) do you get my gist?

Hope all goes well

Cath

Hiya Cath Browns Plains is about 20min down the highway from where we are they have a massive shopping centre we used for our xmas shopping , they have nearly every shop you can think of,and there is a big food hall very similar place to the Trafford Centre for anyone from Manchester,when do you think youll arrive??

Cal x

Archived