Contacting HMRC

After holding on the phone for 1hr on Monday and being cut off by my telco provider, holding for a further 55 fruitless minutes tonight, I’m at my wits end!

Does anyone know an easier way to contact HMRC?

Ive tried logging on to the app, but it requires identity verification and it asks for details such as UK passport, UK driving licence, UK postcode, none of which I have as I’ve been in Australia for ten years!

Im trying to check the status of a tax refund request sent from the ATO to HMRC following work carried out by BDH Tax. The completed documents left the ATO in January.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated!

I went through this procedure last year to get a NT tax code and telephoned HMRC and had to insist to be put through to a tax technician (their term) . They said they were nine months behind in processing these forms and the computer had logged the form from the ATO . I managed to persuade her to deal with it on the phone as she had the documents in front of her and i received the NT code two weeks later .

11 hours ago, palaceboy1 said:

I went through this procedure last year to get a NT tax code and telephoned HMRC and had to insist to be put through to a tax technician (their term) . They said they were nine months behind in processing these forms and the computer had logged the form from the ATO . I managed to persuade her to deal with it on the phone as she had the documents in front of her and i received the NT code two weeks later .

I took your advice and called as soon as they opened, managed to get through after only ten minutes. 
So glad I spoke to them, apparently they hadn’t received the documents that the ATO supposedly sent them in January! 
We start again!!