Phone - travelling to England & Ireland

Dec05

Hi all, 

Would love some advice.

I'm on an Optus plan, but travelling to England for 1 week and Ireland for 1 week. I'm looking for affordable workable options for roaming. Optus are v pricey!

Thanks in advance 

Amaysim look to have a really good roaming package if you fancy moving over to them. They use Optus towers.  Or buy a PAYG sim in UK when you land.

Edited by Quoll
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When I traveled to England and Ireland last summer, I was in the same  boat with my phone plan. Optus was charging me an arm and a leg for  roaming, so I had to find an alternative. I ended up getting a local SIM  card once I arrived, and let me tell you, it was a game-changer!

On 06/05/2024 at 10:04, Jamestens said:

When I traveled to England and Ireland last summer, I was in the same  boat with my phone plan. Optus was charging me an arm and a leg for  roaming, so I had to find an alternative. I ended up getting a local SIM  card once I arrived, and let me tell you, it was a game-changer!

Not  only was it way cheaper, but the data and coverage were top-notch. I was  able to stay connected without breaking the bank. Oh, and speaking of  travel tips, if you ever find yourself in Sacramento, you've gotta check  out the best restaurants in town. Check out for some awesome recommendations.

1 hour ago, Jamestens said:

Not  only was it way cheaper, but the data and coverage were top-notch. I was  able to stay connected without breaking the bank. Oh, and speaking of  travel tips, if you ever find yourself in Sacramento, you've gotta check (hyperlink removed)  out the be in town. 

check out this one !