482 to a 417

Dtarg

Hello,

If someone is eligable for a second year 417, can they apply for this onshore just before their 482 expires?

I'm currently on a 482 short term expiring in August, my employer are not willing to give me a 186 PR visa. I am aware I could try for a third 482 but there's no guarentee I could find a sponsor.

As I don't want to go regional and am not eligable for the 189, the only GSM visa my skill is eligable for is the 190 but I have been advised by two agents it's highly unlikely I will be accepted for this in NSW as the allocation has been cut and my skill is not a priority.

I don't want a student visa, so that leaves my only option as a 417.

I used my first 417 then went onto a 482. I'm from the UK, so no longer need the specified work for a second year visa and I'm well with the 35 age limit.

So does the government allow you to go from a 482 to a 417 onshore? And if so, what are the bridging visa conditions?

1 hour ago, Dtarg said:

I don't have an agent. I done the 482 visa application myself.

You said you'd consulted two agents, so I take it you meant that you got a couple of freebie consults? 

Honestly, if you are serious about wanting to stay in Australia, you need to find the money for a one-off consultation with a good agent.  We see far too many people like you, lurching from one visa to another.  If you keep going like you are, you're going to run out of options eventually (and probably a lot sooner than you think).  An agent can help you work out a long-term plan that will allow you to stay (or confirm that you've got no chance, in which case you know where you stand).  Get a quote from Suncoast Migration or Go Matilda.

Edited by Marisawright
  • Like 2