How easy to get to Australia

Swede

I am no expert so would point you towards Paul Hand who is supporting me in my application. The government website has a points calculator and also tells you how many points you require to be considered. You would need to look at this and then see if your skills and education meet the requirements and that the role is on the skill shortage list (SOL). 

I have not heard of them reducing the age to 35 so maybe someone can answer that. 

Points calculator (homeaffairs.gov.au) 

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 20:31, Swede said:

I am a social worker. I believe visas are changing for Australia, a crack down. How easy is it to actually get there now ? I hear they are making 35 the top age for entry now, is it true ?

There is to be a "crack down" on the number of visas issued to students - especially those with poor English skills - and low skilled workers.  However,  a new visa for highly skilled workers is to be fast tracked with a much quicker processing time.  So far there has only been a general announcement by the government and no other details have been announced.  I don't know whether social worker will be in the "highly skilled" category - probably so if there is a significant shortage within Australia.

I haven't heard any reference to a reduction  in age for entry.

• Like 1

On 11/12/2023 at 19:31, Swede said:

I am a social worker. I believe visas are changing for Australia, a crack down. How easy is it to actually get there now ? I hear they are making 35 the top age for entry now, is it true ?

Social Worker is on the Skilled Occupation List. You didn't mention how old you, but I'd suggest you contact one of the RMAs that post regularly on here for an initial consultation, who will be able to assess you chances of applying successfully. Good luck.

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/working-in-australia/skill-occupation-list

On 11/12/2023 at 20:31, Swede said:

I hear they are making 35 the top age for entry now, is it true ?

I heard mention on the radio yesterday that there has been an age reduction to 35 (from 50) for  the Temporary Graduate Visa (for international students).  Maybe that is what you heard - but it won't apply to you if you are seeking a work visa as a qualified social worker.

• Like 1