189 Visa & Main Applicant has ADHD Diagnosis - Is this a show stopper?

Popee

Hi I successfully was awarded a 189 Skilled visa around 8 years ago which has since lapsed as we were unable to make the move at the time due to family issues. 

I’ve since been diagnosed with ADHD, do you think this will prevent me from getting a new 189 visa approved as it’s considered an intellectual disability? 

I’m clearly not a burden to society and have been in continuous and stable employment for the last 18 years and am otherwise fit and healthy. 

Would it matter if I was medication or un medicated when undertaking the application?

I can live without medication but would stop taking it if it showed I was less of a burden to the medical system. 

Does anyone have experience of getting their visa approved when the main applicant has ADHD? I see lots of spots about children. 

Thanks a lot! 

Edited by Popee
Clarity

5 hours ago, Popee said:

Thanks I never stayed in Australia, just for a couple of weeks to activate it.

Does that matter?

Yes it does, and on paper, you wouldn't stand a chance of getting a RRV.  However, recently, we've seen a lot of people in your situation being successful, so it's definitely worth a try.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Popee said:

Thanks I never stayed in Australia, just for a couple of weeks to activate it.

Does that matter?

It might be worth you trying to get a job offer before you apply because that could really help with you proving you have substantial ties to Australia.

ADHD is recognised as a disability under the 1992 Disability Discrimination Act but it isn't included on the list of conditions supported by the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), so I doubt you would be considered a burden on the Australian healthcare system if you did ended up having to reapply from scratch. 

• Like 1