Recommendations on Selecting a Visa Agent

bearnova64

My Australian girlfriend(she born there) and I ( I am born in England) wish to move permanently to Australia and marry there. We have lived together in the UK for 4 years in a property we own. I have a few questions please. We would apply for permanent subclass 100 visa and the temporary 309 visa at the same time and the authorities decide which visa to grant me based on my weight of evidence.

1) How long roughly is it taking from submission of an application to get a visa decision?

2) I am probably going to use a visa agent to make the application for me to avoid me hitting and road bumps! Can I have any recommendations please of which agent to use? For ease of communication I would prefer to use an agent who has a UK office, although I am not fixated with this point, it is rather a preference.

PS Once I get the decision I do appreciate that I have to in person enter Australia within 12 months of being granted the visa to activate it?

I also understand that once activated I have 5 years from this visa activation date to make the permanent move to Australia.

1 hour ago, bearnova64 said:

My Australian girlfriend(she born there) and I ( I am born in England) wish to move permanently to Australia and marry there. We have lived together in the UK for 4 years in a property we own. I have a few questions please. We would apply for permanent subclass 100 visa and the temporary 309 visa at the same time and the authorities decide which visa to grant me based on my weight of evidence.

1) How long roughly is it taking from submission of an application to get a visa decision?

2) I am probably going to use a visa agent to make the application for me to avoid me hitting and road bumps! Can I have any recommendations please of which agent to use? For ease of communication I would prefer to use an agent who has a UK office, although I am not fixated with this point, it is rather a preference.

PS Once I get the decision I do appreciate that I have to in person enter Australia within 12 months of being granted the visa to activate it?

I also understand that once activated I have 5 years from this visa activation date to make the permanent move to Australia.

Bit confused as to why you think the answers will be any different to when you asked the questions three weeks ago? 

Was there something else you wanted to know?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, bearnova64 said:

No, it's 5 years from the date the visa was granted - as explained in your previous thread of 26th  September.