Visa sponsorship

Rawp

To apply for a 143 or 870 visa you need sponsorship as follows:  "To be eligible for the visa, a parent must be the biological parent,  legal parent (including adoptive parent), step-parent or parent in-law of the sponsor, who must be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, or eligible New Zealand citizen."

My daughter lives in Oz with an Australian citizen partner and they have a baby together. Would he be eligible to sponsor us for the above visas or do they need to be married for us to class as a Parent in Law?

On 15/10/2023 at 17:42, paulhand said:

Then he can’t sponsor you …

On 15/10/2023 at 17:42, paulhand said:

Then he can’t sponsor you …

Tks for the response Paul. Is that because my daughter is on a temp visa? I read this on visa guide.world which would suggest her partner can sponsor their partners parents? 

• You must be the legal child of your parents (biological, adoptive, or step-child). You may also sponsor your spouse or partner’s parents

9 hours ago, Rawp said:

Tks for the response Paul. Is that because my daughter is on a temp visa? I read this on visa guide.world which would suggest her partner can sponsor their partners parents? 

• You must be the legal child of your parents (biological, adoptive, or step-child). You may also sponsor your spouse or partner’s parents

Yes it's because she's on a temp visa.