Skills assessment - self employed

hyhwe13

Hi!

I own and manage a cafe. I am currently applying for skills assessment and need to provide payment evidence.

What documents are needed?

My cafe operates on a cash basis - I collect cash from my customers and bank them afterwards... 

Any help appreciated!

19 minutes ago, paulhand said:

There are detailed instructions on the VETASSESS website which cover this. 

yeah, I have read those. 

Vetassess asks me to submit "payment evidence showing regular income from self-employment, such as client invoices together with corresponding bank statements and/or official taxation records".

My cafe operates on cash basis. Do I submit cash invoice and bank statements (to show that I banked in the cash sales)? Do they need to see specific customer name on the invoices?

26 minutes ago, hyhwe13 said:

yeah, I have read those. 

Vetassess asks me to submit "payment evidence showing regular income from self-employment, such as client invoices together with corresponding bank statements and/or official taxation records".

My cafe operates on cash basis. Do I submit cash invoice and bank statements (to show that I banked in the cash sales)? Do they need to see specific customer name on the invoices?

I suppose submitting your tax returns and your bank statements showing cash paid in would be a start (providing they marry up amount wise) but I’d assume only a start.  Cash paid into a bank account cannot usually be taken as income (in many scenarios) as you can’t prove it was income.  You might have sold a car or anything else or a friend/family member might have given you money as a gift or for you to borrow.  I’d suggest you get professional help on this from a migrant agent. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tulip1 said:

Cash paid into a bank account cannot usually be taken as income (in many scenarios) as you can’t prove it was income. 

I thought so too. It's a bit tricky in my case cos my business (in my country) is not subjected to tax so there are no taxation records.